Role: JIRA Administrator/PMO Reporting Analyst, Lincoln, RI
Location: Lincoln, RI
Duration: 6+ Month Contract to Hire
PMO Reporting Analyst As the PMO Reporting Analyst, you will be a member of the Project Management Office (PMO) and be responsible for the administrative set-up, tracking and reporting of projects, and programs managed by the PMO. This role is responsible for administering in-house project management tracking tools (Jira, Confluence, and Power BI), creating reports and dashboards, and using analytics from the system to detect trends, on which senior management decisions will be based.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Responsible for the accurate tracking of critical project statistics and budgets for utilization by various management levels, to include the Chief Information Officer.
- Create reports (using Jira, Confluence and Power BI)detailing project statistics and status that are easily understood, and actionable, for business leaders and project managers. Such reporting should provide a real-time, comprehensive, and prioritized views of all projects.
- Coordinate with the PMO Manager to track and optimize internal resource utilization.
- Responsible for meeting compliance standards (monitored through internal and external audits) related to project reporting documentation, storage, and archiving
- Continually, and proactively evolve reporting tool utilization, based on tool enhancements and organizational needs (ex. Jira, Confluence, Power BI)
- Interact effectively with PMO project, and program managers, and scrum masters, to ensure that they maintain accurate, up-to-date project information. Regularly collaborate with these stakeholders to facilitate accurate project tracking.
- Liaison/point of contact to users of PMO owned tools such as Jira. As such, be the first point of contact for Jira (and Confluence) user questions
- Effectively communicate Jira and Confluence related issues to Corporate Information Systems (CIS) users (ex. best practices, new features and functionality)
- Responsible for the consistent use of Jira across CIS
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires a 4-year degree and 7-9 years experience or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience
- Highly experienced using Jira, Confluence, and Power BI as project management and project reporting tools
- Proven PMO/Project Analyst or Coordinator experience with knowledge of project management methodologies
- Experience in the creation of management dashboards, balanced scorecards
- Working knowledge of data structures and tables for data retrieval and report creation
- Understanding of basic business analytics (data interpretation and trending analysis, basic statistics, basic financial metrics)
- Must be familiar with project management methodologies (Agile, Waterfall), and associated project management tools
- Strong understanding of software development life cycles and/or software development methodologies
- Experienced user of MS Project and MS Office toolset (Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to write formal documents and concisely deliver content to multiple audiences
- Highly effective in working independently
- knowledge of financial services/insurance would be beneficial.