POSITION SUMMARY: Provides direct job support, job coaching and job development services to individuals with disabilities and overall coordination of their Elwyn service plan.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct and utilize client vocational profiles and other assessments to counsel clients to best match employment interests with skills
• Assist clients in developing resumes, preparing for job interviews and coordinating with prospective employers
• Assume a lead role in the team development and review of client service plans by sharing client specific knowledge and progress
• Provide intensive client on-the-job training, using a teaching plan that establishes milestone measurements and time frames for progress and success
• Provide supportive counseling and natural supports to the client to promote interpersonal and soft skills including but not limited to recognizing social cues; accepting feedback from manager; customer interaction; adhering to workplace cultures success on the job
• Promote and develop employment, work experience and on-the-job training for Elwyn clients in public, private and government businesses
• Identify job leads for potential employment opportunities and locations for assessments.
• Develop new employer relationships and maintain pre-existing relationships with employers to secure competitive integrated (real work-for-real-pay) employment
• Plan for and provide client transportation and travel training as needed
• Transport clients in agency vehicles as needed
• Develop and implement a plan for coach fading, engaging home and employment natural supports while recognizing individual risks and cultural needs
• Anticipate and provide ongoing job support services for clients and their employers in order to maintain employment
• Provide and document billable hours that satisfy staff service volume for both job development and job coaching in accordance with department and funding source expectations
• Maintain clear, active and constructive communication with the client while facilitating communication amongst stakeholders
• Maintain flexible work schedule and availability in order to meet client needs and schedules
• Prepare and maintain compliance of case records, reports, notes, data, etc. in line with individual client needs and service expectations
• Provide contributions to the conception and attainment of program or service enhancements, contributing to the aims and ambitions of Elwyn as appropriate
• Pursue staff training and professional development opportunities to enhance service quality and outcomes; maintain compliance with training requirements
• Maintain and process client service authorizations and follow-up with funding sources as needed
• Compile and render data, outcomes and other internal reporting for review by manager as required
• Perform other duties as assigned
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Placement & Employment Support Services Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: None
CONTACTS: Client, Elwyn staff, funding agency representatives, client service team members, client employers, home and natural supports and potential client employers.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE/SKILLS REQUIREMENT:
• High School diploma or equivalency; Associates' degree in Psychology, Human/Social Services or a related field preferred
• One (1) year experience in the field of rehabilitation; preferably vocational rehabilitation
• Experience in workplace development, case management, and/or sales preferred
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Must be able to perform CPR and crisis intervention techniques using agency-trained protocols
• Must possess excellent customer interaction, collaboration, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated intermediate experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint; and database application experience preferred
• Must have current, valid driver's license in state of residence, three (3) years driving experience in the United States, and acceptable driving record
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL PROFILE: See Physical Demands Checklist below which represents the general physical demands and environment conditions to which the employee holding this position must meet, in addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Elwyn will engage otherwise qualified candidates for this position whose disabilities may require reasonable accommodations to enable an individual to perform the essential functions.
Elwyn reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
Elwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and identity, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, genetic information, disability status, military or veteran status, marital or family status, political activities or affiliations, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, and federal law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled