Do you enjoy teaching others and seeing them succeed? Do you like working independently? Are you passionate about empowering people with disabilities to achieve their fullest potential? Join the PathPoint Employment Services team!
PathPoint is seeking a full-time Job Coach in West Los Angeles, CA. Job Coaches support adults with disabilities at their place of work, helping them maintain successful employment and enjoy the satisfaction of a job well done. This is a full-time position for 35 hours per week, and some weekend availability is needed. Paid training, First Aid, and CPR certification is provided.
- Accompany individuals to their place of work, observe their abilities, and identify any areas for improvement. Provide feedback and assistance to increase productivity and encourage positive work behavior.
- Coach and counsel individuals on workplace issues/concerns, and advocate for them when needed.
- Assist individuals in completing work-related paperwork, such as time cards, time off requests, tax forms, and benefits enrollment.
- Maintain good relationships with employers and workplace supervisors, and act as liaison between employers, workplace supervisors, and individuals.
- Assist in developing and implementing an individualized plan for coaching participants to work more independently, with the eventual goal of complete self-sufficiency.
- Actively participate in meetings and discussions regarding individual's progress.
- Maintain daily logs and reports.
- High school diploma or GED is required. BA/BS in Education, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, or a related field is preferred.
- Prior experience supporting or instructing individuals with disabilities is preferred.
- Must pass pre-employment fingerprint background check, TB screening and basic health screening.
- Must have a valid driver's license with at least 5 years driving history, a satisfactory driving record, and use of a vehicle with current registration and insurance.
Compensation and Benefit Package: $15.50-$16.00 per hour depending on education. Full-time employees are eligible for our generous benefits package, including medical, vision, dental, and life/AD&D insurance; paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, and sick time; Flexible Spending Accounts; 403(b) tax-sheltered retirement savings plan with employer match; wellness program with cash rewards; and a free Employee Assistance Program.
About PathPoint: PathPoint, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in Santa Barbara, supports people in living the life they choose. PathPoint partners with people with disabilities, people with mental health diagnoses, and young adults to pursue their hopes and dreams through strengthening workplace abilities, building life skills, and developing meaningful relationships. Founded in 1964, it offers services in five Central Coast and Southern California counties: Kern, Los Angeles, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Ventura.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.