The Job Coach (JC) has an integral role with the Employment Services Team: furthering an individual's success in a competitive integrated job. This position ensures the individual(s) being supported feels like an equal at his/her job and understands the value s/he brings to work every day. A JC represents Merakey and carries out the belief of Employment First, which includes all citizens have the right to work. This position guides and assists the individual(s), serving as a sounding board for questions and concerns as well as empowering the supported individual(s) and employer(s) to maintain a relationship. A Job Coach has the opportunity to serve as a voice of reason ensuring informed choice and has the important role of communicating to the support team employment updates while also encouraging the individual to communicate said updates himself/herself.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
* Follow Employment Support Professional's (Job Developer) guidance on effective learning methods for individual and person-centered fade plan; discuss potential changes with ESP prior to instituting changes and collaborate
* Assist the supported individual on the job: job tasks, communication, developing/maintaining appropriate relationships with colleagues and supervisor(s), transportation, addressing customers/guests professionally, attention to task, problem solving, social support
* Identify opportunities for growth with the individual and employer
* Facilitate transition to natural workplace supports
* Assess need for additional training for supported individual; if training not typically provided by employer, discuss with ESP on training and implement effective training
* Assess and address training needs for the employer/coworkers; share recommendations with ESP
* Maintain effective communication with Supervisor and Support Team (i.e. Employment Support Professional (Job Developer), MLTSS Director,etc) including providing proper documentation and detailed progress notes of services provided as well as successes of the individual
* Abide by all Merakey policies and procedures, while also maintain in accordance of the supported individual's employer's standards to serve as a model for the supported individual
* Other duties as deemed necessary
In addition to completing your application, please feel free to email your resume directly to our recruiter at email@example.com
MERAKEY is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
High School Diploma/GED
Preferred 1-year experience in a work environment (paid, internship, volunteer)
Must be able to provide a written recommendation upon request from one of the following:
Volunteer Supervisor, or similar.
This written recommendation will detail the person's experience with you in a business setting/environment.
Training Resources Network, Inc. (TRN) Job Coaching and Consulting: Design, Training, and Natural Support on-line web course
Valid and current state Driver's License with an acceptable driving record
Proof of automobile insurance; proof of reliable transportation
Current First Aid/CPR certification
Must be able to successfully pass
Motor Vehicle Report
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled