Job Description: Job Developer
Position Summary: Assists and guides people with barriers in their search for employment in the community; develops partnerships with local business and educates employers about GINM’s Community Employment Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
- Adherence to the attendance and punctuality policies of Goodwill
- Exhibit excellent customer service skills as related to your position
- Develops and maintains contact with new and existing businesses.
- Educates the business community of the benefits of using GINM’s participants; including tax considerations (e.g., Work Opportunity Tax Credit), on-site job coaching, follow-up services, on-the-job training, and information concerning the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Assesses the persons served job strengths, abilities and possible barriers and develops a customized job search plan to help participants secure and retain competitive community employment.
- Maintains current knowledge of changes in the local community with respect to labor market trends, income levels, the business community, and other community agencies.
- Maintains communication with other agencies or organizations to include DVR, APS, Adelante, DOL, Chamber of Commerce, UNM, etc.
- Performs a job site analysis at potential work sites and ensures the accuracy and completeness of employer’s questionnaire.
- Attains goal of making at least twenty contacts per week and maintains current file of employers contacted.
- Assists in meeting monthly and annual program goals and objectives including number of persons served and placed; meets annual individual placement and persons served goals (this number will vary according to program, goals and at the discretion of the Program Coordinator and Department Director).
- Performs Job Coach duties as needed.
- Manages participant files and provides accurate documentation for services including case and contact notes.
- Completes accurate and timely billing of services.
- Develops partnerships with local business to educate employers and create top-of-mind and preferred hiring status for GINM participants.
- Maintains accurate records and documentation through narrative, statistical and financial reporting to meet GINM, State and CARF standards; prepares departments monthly reports.
- Responsible to gather satisfaction survey data from participants, funders, employers and other stakeholders.
- Ensures HIPAA compliance.
- Responsible for the safety of all persons served and staff under his/her supervision.
- Responsible for CARF compliance and maintaining standards in areas of responsibility.
- Implements CARF standards into all programs and follows professional ethics as set in the Code of Conduct/Business Ethics policy.
- Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of organizational practices, policies and procedures and compliance with same.
- Knowledge of and compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Knowledge of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Knowledge of outreach services and activities, funding agencies, and community health care and vocational services.
- Skill in working with persons with developmental disabilities.
- Skill in operating various word-processing, spreadsheets and database software programs.
- Ability to train a variety of skills in varied environments, with different physical demands.
- Ability to travel as required based on caseload, scope of work.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as time studies, case notes, safety rules, operating and maintenance, instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to prepare accurate, complete and legible reports and create and present detailed and effective speeches and presentations.
- Ability to exhibit excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Ability to carry out instructions in verbal and written format.
- Ability to interact and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities.
- Ability to work extended hours and various work schedules.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; see, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, walk, and stand. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and lift/move up to 25 lbs. Work environment will vary depending on the setting in which the training is to take place. Employee may be exposed to a variety of factors including outside weather conditions, extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, chemicals, and loud noises. Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and depth perception. Travel as required based on caseload, scope of work.
Minimum Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and or abilities required for the position. Individuals must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test. Individuals must have a valid New Mexico driver’s license, liability insurance, insurability under the agency insurance carrier, dependable vehicle and a clean driving record.
- Associate’s Degree in Social Services or related field preferred. (Other educational requirements may be required by funding source).
- Two years’ work experience working or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to acquire CPR and First Aid certification.
- Bilingual is preferred.
This job description is representative of the general nature of the requirements necessary to successfully perform the essentials functions of this position. If requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an otherwise qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Goodwill Industries of New Mexico reserves the right to modify or revise the duties of this job position at any time to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.