Facility: UPMC Pinnacle Hospitals
Department: Echo - HH
Location: 111 South Front Street, Harrisburg PA 17105
Performs imaging procedures at an advanced level not requiring constant supervision. Competently performs a variety of advanced technical procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity and a broad knowledge of cardiac pathology.
- Performs or assists Lead Sonographer or Clinical Specialist in performing QA, regulatory testing, and other technical and research initiatives.
- Demonstrates the ability to function independently, and is able to cover off shifts, on-call responsibilities, and perform services at satellite facilities, where applicable, while continually communicating with lead and management team. Demonstrates a working knowledge of equipment and processes and is able to troubleshoot issues.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn new skills and a willingness to educate others in their areas of expertise. Serves as a resource for new hires and students.
- Participates in standardization activities with system-level workgroups. Works directly with Cardiologists regarding protocol development.
- Exhibits advanced level of knowledge related to normal anatomy and pathology. Able to recognize pathology and the ability to think critically, assessing the patient results for communication with the physician.
- Performs all job responsibilities of Level I Sonographer.
- Conduct himself/herself in accordance with system-wide and departmental values, policies, and procedures.
Completion of formal training in an accredited ultrasound program or professional equivalent required. 2 years of echo experience required. Performance review consistent with minimum of Strong Solid performance on last performance review.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Registry Required CPR/BLS required Act 33, 34, 73 as required by business unit
Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Salary Range: $27.37 to $41.93 / hour
Union Position: No
Ultrasound Technologist / Sonographer