Are you a hard-working individual, looking for the opportunity to carve out a successful career in an organization where the spirits of family and hard work share equal billing? If so, the companies of Universal may be a good place for you! We are committed to rewarding skill, perseverance and an entrepreneurial attitude with opportunities for growth. Intrigued? Read on to learn more!
The Jockey Truck Driver is responsible for the organization of trailers on site using the Yard Jockey truck. The position may require use of a forklift for a percentage of the time.
* Safely drives in the facility staging shipping loads in various weather conditions.
* Completes daily equipment inspection sheets.
* Loads and unloads trucks as needed to assist with production.
* Inspects equipment to ensure safe operating conditions.
* Secures load and/or inspects load to ensure it has been properly secured.
* Performs duties consistent with all applicable Company rules.
* Conducts preventive maintenance to truck and ensures it is clean.
* Maintains appropriate shipping documents as required.
* Maintains radio contact with base or supervisor to receive instructions on trailers/loads to be moved.
* Verifies shipping documents for accuracy.
* Completes paperwork as required.
* May operate a forklift to load/unload trailers as required.
* Follows forklift rules and policies as described by Company policy.
* Completes training as required by management.
* Participates in safety programs and meetings.
* Performs other duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled