High School Teaching/English
Johnsburg High School
Johnsburg School District 12-website
Johnsburg School District 12
Job Title: Long Term Substitute for High School English Teacher
Reports to: Principal, Assistant Principal and Superintendent
Timeline: December 16, 2019- May 28, 2020
Summary: Instructs students in the content area of High School English, in alignment with the mission of Johnsburg School District 12, which is to create a safe and challenging learning environment which develops character and inspires students to become productive lifelong learners. Leading the curriculum, instruction, and assessment for students to which they are assigned while pursuing student growth and achievement through diligent planning, careful instructional execution, and on-going collaboration with colleagues and the school leadership team.Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education
- Professional Educator License with an Illinois approved endorsement for High School English
- Professional Educator License registered with McHenry County R.O.E.
- Criminal justice fingerprint/background clearance
- Current physical
- Design and implement unit and lesson plans utilizing Common Core or appropriate Standards.
- Create and maintain a positive and achievement oriented learning environment.
- Utilize formative, summative and anecdotal data in differentiating instruction for all students.
- Provide RTI and relentlessly pursue appropriate interventions to facilitate learning for all.
- Establish systems of accountability for students and self.
- Provide and understand Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports in the classroom and throughout the school setting.
- Communicate with parents regularly in order to inform about student progress and engage them in the instructional program.
- Collaborate and communicate with colleagues in a true professional learning community.
- Craft professional goals in order to improve professional practice and student achievement.
- Maintain records in accordance with district, regional, state and federal regulations.
- Actively participate in faculty/team, open houses, parent conferences, educational conferences, training workshops and other related activities.
- Display the highest ethical and professional behavior and standards when working with students, parents, school personnel, and agencies associated with the school.
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal, Assistant Principal or Superintendent.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Commitment to Equity: Passionate about ensuring that every child, regardless of background or circumstance, receives an excellent education.
- Leadership: Coaches, mentors, and challenges other to excel despite obstacles and challenging situations. Builds positive relationships inside and outside of the district.
- Focus on Data-Driven Results: Relentlessly pursues increased student growth and achievement; willing to do whatever it takes to make gains.
- Innovative Problem-Solving: Approaches work with a sense of possibility and sees challenges as opportunities for creative problem solving; takes initiative to explore issues and find potential innovative solutions.
- Teamwork: Increases the effectiveness of surrounding teams through collaboration, constant learning and supporting others; sensitive to diversity in all its forms; respects and is committed to learning from others.
- Dependability: Does whatever it takes to consistently deliver with high quality under tight deadlines.
- Communication Skills: Communicates clearly and compellingly with diverse stakeholders in both oral and written forms; anticipates and responds to stakeholder needs in a high-quality and courteous manner.