Job Title: Paramedic Basic
Reports To: Operations Supervisor
Location: Johnson County, TX
$2500 Sign On Bonus for qualifying candidates
The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
- Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
- Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
- Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
- Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
- Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
- Other duties as defined by the formal job description
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Some advanced education preferred.
- Current state Paramedic License.
- Possess a valid State Driver’s License and driving record in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving policy.
- Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS or PEPP, BTLS or PHTLS Provider Certification (where applicable or required by contract or state law).
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled