Bon Secours Mercy Health
Bon Secours Palliative Medicine has an opening for a talented physician to join their dynamic, multi-faceted mature program that provides palliative care services to patients & families living with serious illness. The program offers services in Bon Secours facilities, offices and in the home setting. Palliative Medicine is the anchor program of Bon Secours Continuum of Palliative Excellence (COPE) which includes home-based primary care, home health, and hospice. Bon Secours Richmond inpatient facilities have been continuously JC certified in Advanced Palliative Care since 2014. Palliative Medicine was honored with AHAs Circle of Life Award in 2016.
On September 1, 2018, Bon Secours Health System and Mercy Health combined to become the United States fifth largest Catholic health care ministry and one of the nations 20 largest health care systems. Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of our communities and bring good help to those in need, especially people who are poor, dying and underserved.
- Inpatient consults
- Provide outpatient care (office and/or home)
- Full time physician sees 350-400 new inpatient consults per year
- Collaboration with interdisciplinary team members including other Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Social Workers, and Chaplains
- Manage COPE symptoms: Care decisions including advanced care planning, Overwhelming symptoms including pain management, Psychosocial and spiritual distress, and End stage disease including prognostication and therapy options
- Support health system and community integration of palliative care through education and committee participation
- Participate in rotating on call schedule across Continuum of Palliative Excellence
- Board Certified in primary specialty
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Hospice and Palliative Medicine