Summer Springboard is recruiting an innovative and dynamic individual to deliver a hands-on course in Journalism for our pre-college summer program for high school students. We have a curriculum, but there is room to create and challenge the high school students as they experience a journalist's process from idea development and reporting to editing and publishing. The program culminates in a project that the students create and present at the end of their session.
Who are we? Summer Springboard was founded to give college-bound teens a supportive environment to explore their academic passions. Our innovative pre-college summer programs, offered at some of the nation's leading colleges and universities, combine the benefits of an academically challenging summer experience with tools and frameworks for personal leadership development and self-discovery. We're a division of Terra Education, a mission-driven Certified B-Corporation and are headquartered in San Diego, CA.
Dates: You will deliver the course at the UC Berkeley campus for the two-week sessions from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. daily (M to F only).
- Session 1: June 21 - July 3, 2020
- Session 2: July 5 - July 17, 2020
- Session 3: July 19 - July 31, 2020
- Bachelor or Master Degree
- A minimum of two years teaching in a classroom (high school, community college education to the same setting, or experience TA).
- Professional experience or current enrollment in a graduate program may be substituted for classroom teaching experience.
- Experience in one or more of the fields listed above demonstrated by previous coursework or job experience.
- Ability to motivate and energize students; Excited to share passion and enthusiasm for your field of study
- Mastery Relating with teenagers and young adults
- Personable and positive demeanor
- Strong cross-cultural awareness
- Collaborative in nature; skilled in problem solving and communication
- Good physical and mental health. Staff must posses the ability to actively participate in all elements of the program
* staff members will be subject to drug testing and background checks.
How to Apply
- Complete application using the following link. Applicants who do not complete the entire application process will not be considered.
- Springboard Summer will review your application. If your application is selected, you will be invited for a first / second round Springboard Summer Interviews with HQ staff. The first interview is typically a one-way interview conducted over the platform Spark Hire.
Note: Summer Springboard programs are not run by our campus partners. Universities and their affiliated departments are not responsible for the Summer Springboard program in any way.
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
- 2 months or less
- One location
- Monday to Friday
Our mission is to inspire people to realize their potential to transform the world through
high quality educational programming.
These are our guiding principles to achieve the mission.
Compassion This drives our work and it applies to our travelers, staff, and host communities. Our care for people extends to everything we do.
Cultural sensitivity We recognize, appreciate and embrace cultures other than our own; and we strive to facilitate deep understanding of other cultures between our staff, communities and travelers.
Innovation It makes us stand out in international education and travel. Open to new ideas and always striving to work better and smarter to serve our communities, travelers, and staff.
Integrity It is the unfailing framework from which we build every program, human relationship, and bridge into a community.