Journeyman Construction Manager, Colorado Springs, CO,US, ID#17219
Cherokee Nation Strategic Programs (CNSP) is a versatile, tribally owned 8(a), SDB providing solutions throughout the U.S. and overseas. CNSP has expertise in a wide range of technical disciplines, including engineering, global vulnerability assessment, information assurance, intelligence operations, program management and professional services. CNSP is owned by Cherokee Nation Businesses, the economic engine of Cherokee Nation, the largest Native American tribe in the U.S. One-hundred percent of the company's profits support future business investments and the well-being of the tribe's citizens through health care, education and job creation, ensuring better lives for Cherokees today and tomorrow.
For more company information, visit our site at www.cherokee-cnsp.com
CNSP is looking for a Construction Manager-Journeyman to support the 50th Civil Engineering Squadron at Schriever AFB, CO under this Technical Support Services contract.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to and utilize standard engineering methods and techniques used on construction projects of limited size and complexity.
- Perform technical review and advisory/assistance for AFCEC design and construction projects.
- Prepare requirements documents (i.e. statements of work, cost estimates, lists of project deliverables, etc.) for design and construction contract documents packages.
- Oversee construction to ensure inspection practices and procedures involved in the inspection of building materials, workmanship, utilities, and the installation of systems are followed.
- Oversee construction to ensure safety practices in the construction industry are followed.
- Performs other job related duties as required.
- Interface with other technical staff within an internal team, base civil engineering staff, installation stakeholders, government contracting staff, and construction contractors.
This position will not have supervisory/management authority.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Completed BA/BS or MA/MS degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or construction related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related construction experience is required.
- Professional-level certification and/or registration is highly desirable.
- Utilizing and applying computer software including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of construction management practices is required.
- Working knowledge of Quality Assurance and Quality Control principles is required.
- Working knowledge of federal and state codes/guidelines is required.
- United States citizen with a clear background for government security investigation with the ability to obtain a Clearance or Common Access Card (CAC)
This position is primarily performed in a secured federal office setting, a controlled office environment as well as working outside in a job site environment.