THE ARCANUM GROUP
Dedicated to Veterans.
The Arcanum Group, led by Air Force Veteran, David Waters, is dedicated to serving the Veteran community. Our Hire Vets First program shows preference for U.S. military veterans and their family members.
The Arcanum Group is seeking an Journeyman Contract Support Specialist to support a contract for the Department of Veterans Affairs in Murfreesboro, TN. The Journeyman Contract Support Specialist will be responsible for providing support in procuring services, leases, sharing/selling agreements, construction, and clerical work related to procurement for the VA.
The Journeyman Contract Support Specialist will be responsible for providing multifunctional "cradle to grave" acquisition support services in accordance with the FAR, Veterans Affairs Acquisition Regulation (VAAR), and VA policies and procedures.
This candidate will also perform research, analysis, data entry, writing, document preparation, editing, scanning, document management, copying, phone calls, faxing, filing, and other activities as necessary in order to carry out the following support services:
- Supporting the acquisition planning process, e.g. reviewing customer-submitted procurement packages to ensure completeness and performing market research.
- Supporting the solicitation process, e.g. preparing pre-solicitation notices/synopses and requests for quotation.
- Supporting evaluation of offers, e.g. reviewing vendor submissions to determine compliance with solicitation requirements and performing analysis of proposals to recommend establishment of competitive ranges.
- Supporting the award process, e.g. preparing award documents, clearances, compliance checks, and data management in both VA and other Federal Government systems.
- Providing contract administration support, e.g. processing background checks, reviewing contractor performance, and developing contract modifications.
- Providing contract close-out support, e.g. preparing releases of claims and other documentation and reviewing final payments.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree
- At least four (4) years of government contracting experience
- Experience with VA systems (IFCAP/VISTA, Electronic Contract Management System (eCMS)) and policies is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, EXCEL, Outlook and PowerPoint)
Equal Opportunity Employer