Journeyman Electrician – Plant Operations – Apopka
Florida Hospital Winter Park seeks to hire a Journeyman Electrician who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
AdventHealth Apopka is a seven-story, 120-bed hospital offering an extensive range of services including expanded surgical services, advanced surgical suites and a catheterization lab. The hospital also features a 30,000-square-foot emergency department with pediatric-friendly beds, imaging services, a full-service cafeteria, chapel, gift shop and on-site fire station. The hospital opened in December 2017, replacing the 50-bed hospital that AdventHealth had operated in downtown Apopka for more than four decades.
7am- 3:30pm; M-F
Troubleshoots, repairs and installs various electrical systems throughout the Hospital and their outlying buildings. Also coordinates with hospital staff and contractors to facilitate repairs and new installations. Be able to be on call and perform after hour jobs when necessary. Other duties includes scheduled and routine maintenance of: Emergency generators and their systems, OR system ground tests, leakage current tests, inspect and maintain various other electrical system components throughout the hospitals and their outlying buildings, UPS systems, and transfer switches. Actively participate in outstanding customer service and accept responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- General Electrical Journeyman knowledge.
- Ability to change ballasts and lights, change outlets and switches, and troubleshoot branch circuits.
- A good understanding of the various hospital electrical systems and knowledge of the NEC codes and regulations
- Electrical Journeyman knowledge in a healthcare environment (Preferred)
- Requires 4 years experience in a previous Journeyman position.
- Requires 4 years experience in changing ballasts and lights, and outlets and switches, and troubleshooting branch circuits.
- Electrical experience in a healthcare environment. (Preferred)
- High School Diploma or GED (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- Utilizes knowledge of four types of electrical systems in the hospital where they are applied.
- Completes work orders in a professional manner, following all acceptable Hospital standards.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems, repairs, and verifies completed task(s)
- Follows all regulatory guidelines and safety procedures related to their tasks as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned, to include adjusting one’s schedule of work if necessary for the continued safety or convenience of our guests and/or staff.
- Uses proper electrical installation techniques in a workman like manner of panels, conduits, flex, cut in boxes, devices, etc.
- Utilizes knowledge of transfer switches, running conduits, and troubleshooting equipment problems.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Journeyman Electrician opportunity with Winter Park and apply online today.
Journeyman Electrician, Construction, Winter Park