Bredero Shaw is the world’s largest applicator of pipeline coatings for the oil and gas industry for both onshore and offshore pipelines. The company’s head office is located in Houston, Texas with regional offices located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada; Leith, Scotland, UK; Orkanger, Norway; Sharjah, U.A.E and Singapore. ShawCor Ltd. is a highly successful global energy services company, leading its competitors in all market segments and financially positioned to continue its growth and success well into the future.
The Electrician/PLC Technician performs duties under the general direction of the Engineering/Maintenance Manager. Works independently to perform maintenance, repair, and/or modification of the Plant’s computer driven controls systems; as well as the Plant’s mechanical and electrical systems. Is involved in fabrication, application, installation and repair of mechanical and electromechanical equipment; the installation of electrical conduit and machine/building wiring.
- Adhere to all safety programs and policies.
- Assist in maintaining documentation for existing and new equipment, control and building power system installations.
- Work independently in troubleshooting and repair problems with Programmable Logic Controllers and related components when required.
- Be able to obtain back-up PLC programs from a server to reload and reboot PLC programs to restore faulted equipment.
- Assist with system startups and operational checkouts on systems including configuration, wiring, calibration, grounding and power testing.
- Diagnoses cause of electrical or mechanical malfunction or failure of equipment or systems repairs or replaces defective components.
- Experienced in the use of electrical diagnostic equipment such as multimeters, amp clamps and meggers to test electrical circuits and components to locate shorts, faulty connections, defective parts and replaces or repairs to suite.
- Interface with equipment operators and maintenance staff to ascertain problems with equipment.
- Must read and interpret electrical and electronic drawings, schematics, blueprints, engineering drawings and sketches to determine problem and make appropriate repairs.
- Examine and test components and support systems to ensure that they are in compliance with all standards and regulations.
- Must be competent to make electrical/mechanical diagnostic evaluation and prescribe corrective action.
- Uses computerized equipment and software to perform testing functions and produce graphs for records and tracking.
- Utilize technical materials such as equipment manuals, MSDS, safety materials, system drawings, Process and instrument Diagrams (P&ID’s), schematics and blueprints to troubleshoot and maintain systems.
EDUCATION & MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma required; associates degree or equivalent preferred. Candidate must possess a minimum of
- ten (10) years’ experience in PLC programming; equivalent combination of education and experience may be
- Background in Programmable Logic controllers, computer systems and electronics. Experience in electrical and
- mechanical service and maintenance.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- PLC certificate and license preferred
We welcome applications from internal applicants for this opportunity, however in order to be eligible to apply to for a new job employees of ShawCor must have one (1) year of service in their current job and be in good standing . You must apply online using SuccessFactors for your application to be received.
While you do not need to seek Supervisor approval to apply for jobs your Supervisor will be contacted for an internal reference if your application advances to the formal interview stage.