Feyen Zylstra (FZ) is an Industrial Technology and Electrical Services firm committed to the ongoing growth of its business through strategies that build upon our reputation as an innovative problem solver and an employer of choice. Financial and cultural health are central to our success. Headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI with offices in Nashville, TN; Charleston, SC; Traverse City, MI; and Kalamazoo, MI, FZ’s 700+ employees are focused on the most complex industrial and institutional clients in the Midwest and Southeastern United States.
Successful employees at FZ have a passion for people, a commitment to results, and a desire to be part of a highly functioning team. Our team is data driven, innovative, collaborative, and committed to the success of those around them. This position reports to a Construction, Service or Low Voltage leader. This role is responsible for electrical installation, troubleshooting and maintenance within complex commercial and industrial settings and teaching and mentoring apprentices.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Installs, maintains and troubleshoots electrical systems in compliance with the National Electric Code.
- Provides teaching, coaching and mentoring to apprentices learning the trade.
- Travels to regionally based customer locations to perform complex industrial and commercial work in construction, service and/or low voltage system scenarios.
- Maintains compliance with all OSHA, FZ, and customer safety requirements and company policies.
- Works without direct supervision and helps lead apprentices.
- Bends and installs conduit, installs lighting and basic control systems.
- Performs wire and cable pulls.
- Installs motor feeders and makes standard motor connections.
- Participates in safety talks, audits, and related safety activities.
- Immediately identifies, corrects, and/or reports any unsafe acts, conditions, or incidents.
- Cleans and maintains job site, tools, and vehicles.
- Works collaboratively with internal and external partners.
- Completes work with a focus on safety, quality and a sense of urgency.
- Participates in CPR, First Aid and OSHA 10-hour training.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Possesses and active Journeyperson’s license
- Strong knowledge of the most recent National Electrical Code
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and comfort with technology
- Skilled at reading and following blueprints and electrical schematics
- Mechanical/technical aptitude and a passion for teaching others in this area
- Ability to informally lead others, including directing work and coaching for improvement
- Demonstrated focus on safety, quality, customer service and goal attainment
- Operates with honesty and integrity
- Self-driven, reliable and able to work independently even under pressure
- Solid planning, organizing, time management, communication and problem solving skills
- Strong team work and collaboration with peers and leaders
- Ability to travel regionally to project sites, work overtime and in varied weather conditions required
- Ability to work at elevated heights, and to lift up to 50 lbs as needed
We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation, paid time off, training and development, opportunity for growth, a safe work environment and the chance to work with a winning team in a great company culture. Candidates are required to pass a pre employment drug screen. FZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or other protected classes.