Position Title: Journeyman Electrician - HVAC Controls
Position Type: Full-Time Employee
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Work Hours: 7:00AM to 3:30PM; 40 Hours; Monday Thru Friday; Overtime Occasional
Automated Building Systems, Inc. (ABS) founded in 1986, is a leading Energy Management Systems contractor and is the authorized Alerton EMS representative for all Southern New England. ABS has been providing best-in-class products and exceptional customer service for 30 years throughout Connecticut, Western Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York and Rhode Island. We are searching for a talented and highly motivated individual to coordinate and dispatch our team of technicians and provide exceptional customer service to our clients.
To learn more about ABS please read about on http://www.absddc.com/
As part of our growth strategy, we are seeking highly skilled E-2 Journeyman Electricians for our Connecticut and Massachusetts locations. The qualified candidate will have working knowledge of electrical codes and demonstrated skills in analyzing all types of circuits, wiring diagrams and drawings as required to install repair, adjust, calibrate, construct, and modify or service all types of electronic HVAC devices and systems, including communication systems, power and distribution control systems, rectifiers, circuit breakers, and gauges.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Reading blue prints, running conduit, wiring devices, troubleshooting, and performing quality control testing.
- Reading and interpreting mechanical, architectural and electrical drawings and code specifications for determining wiring layouts.
- Running tests, isolating problems, replacing damaged section of wiring, laying conduit, and performing other tasks as necessary.
- Follow all applicable safety requirements associated with working in a commercial, industrial, and residential settings, performing all work in accordance with applicable codes and standards.
- Promote and comply with good safety practices and habits including but not limited to, use of all Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
- 5 to 8 years of experience in Journeyman Electrician field.
- 5 plus years experienced performing electrical function in a construction environment
- Electrical Masters or E-2 Journeyman License
- Must have a valid Driver s License
- State of Connecticut OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 Card
- Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint); Preferred but not required
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Must be able to read and understand blue prints, running conduit, wiring devices, troubleshooting, and performing quality control testing.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently, and both independently and as part of a team.
- High standards of integrity and professionalism and demonstrate superior customer service
- Experience with uninterruptible power systems, HVAC controls, energy management systems, fire alarm systems, security system controls, and communications equipment experience; preferred but will train.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package including;
- Generous Base Salary
- 2 Health Insurance Plans
- 2 Dental Insurance Plans
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(K) Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
An Equal Opportunity Employer