Barrier Compliance Services is looking for a professional HVAC Technician to complete inspection and repairs on Fire Dampers in hospitals and other commercial buildings throughout the U.S. This position is full-time, year-round, and travels nationwide 100% with one trip home monthly.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- Work in existing, occupied facilities, such as hospitals
- Administer proper infectious control measures per hospital requirements
- Inspect Fire Dampers per NFPA requirements and properly document inspection results using a smartphone. An inspection may include actuating motors to verify closure or removing the fusible link to confirm curtain falls freely, then reset to the proper open position after testing.
- Repairing failed Fire Dampers may include:
- Install Access doors in the ductwork
- Replace electric or pneumatic motors/actuators
- Replace fusible links and hooks
- Replace fire damper blades or entire assembly if unable to repair
- Must assist with Fire Door and Barrier Inspection and Repair as needed.
Required Skills and Experience
- 2 years experience commercial HVAC installation and repair
- 1 year recent experience related to sheet metal fabrication or installation, preferably under a master license
- Understand how to read commercial MEP drawings
- Excellent client facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated, good listener, complete tasks quickly with limited direction after initial training
- Must provide own basic tools
- Must be able to work in ducts, crawl spaces and above ceilings that all have limited space
- Comfortable working on heights such as ladders and in small spaces
- Ability to use a smartphone, tablet, laptop
- Professional appearance. No visible tattoos and No smoking.
- Must be willing to submit to TB test, vaccination blood tests, & vaccinations when required by the client (MMR, Flu, Varicella, etc.)
- Must have valid driver's license and be eligible to rent a vehicle (21years old)
- Ability to travel 100% - flights/hotels/rentals provided
- ***Must pass a drug test, MVR, background check***
Preferred Education:HVAC certification
Benefits: 401k and paid Health, Dental, Vision premium (after an eligibility waiting period)
Equal Opportunity Employer