Journeyman I, Painter
-Performs senior functions in the Paint Shop. Prepares and mixes paint, matches color, prepares surfaces and makes signs. Installs or replaces floor tiles, ceiling tiles and ceramic tiles. Tapes and spackles new sheetrock walls.
- Executes operations of the Engineering department.
- Inspects and repairs walls, floors; i.e. counter tops, doors, tables, and sundry items.
- Inspects and refinishes doors; paints door bucks.
- Inspects and repairs shower stalls as needed, i.e. new ceramic tile and base repairs.
- Repairs damaged partitions, ceilings, and replaces ceiling tiles.
- Performs repairs and alteration jobs.
- Repairs partition walls as per blueprints, i.e. applies tape, compound and plaster to small areas, as necessary.
- Repairs and applies vinyl, ceramic tile, paint, etc. to prepared walls. repairs
- Reconditions old ceilings, i.e. sheetrock, plaster and hangs ceilings.
- Paints new door bucks, finishes doors, and woodwork.
- Prepares and paints cabinets and soffits, etc. that are to be finished or refinished.
- Dash patch to level floors and make transitions between floors of different heights. repairs
- Install and/or finishes floor materials i.e. vinyl tiles, ceramics, etc.
- Uses paint solvents, thinners and turpentine.
- Paints signs by stencils or free-hand.
- Performs emergency repairs.
- Repairs floors, ceilings and walls due to water, fire and storm damage.
- Performs repairs considered an emergency by the department head.
- Assists in snow removal duty.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of tools: hand and power.
- Maintains and handles tools in a safe and proper manner.
- Takes responsibility for tools in possession i.e. loss prevention.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalency, required. Vocational school training with courses in blueprint reading, mechanical drawing or related courses, preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years as a mechanic in related field and one (1) year in a hospital environment.
Finance Job Family: SVC_AL
Primary Location: Nassau County-New Hyde Park-450 Lakeville Rd
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Evening Job
Shift Begin Time-Shift End Time: 5:30 PM-1:30 AM
Job Level: Team Member