Title: Journeyman, Project Engineer(Mechanical)
Job Location: Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
Performs planning and design work for multi-phase new construction, renovations, and improvement projects for real property facilities, including utility systems, utilizing a professional knowledge of electrical engineering concepts, principles, and practices.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Prepares, develops or reviews design calculations, cost estimates, schedules, underlying analysis, technical drawings, and specifications related to a wide variety of projects and mechanical systems, to include plumbing (potable water and sanitary sewer); heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HV AC); fire suppression, control, and alarm systems; Industrial Internet Control Systems (IICS) and other systems of major size and complexity for use in multi-story office buildings, large steam plants, hospitals, hangars, flight simulators, and similar structures.
- Coordinate with customers and other government personnel and agencies, as necessary, to define project requirements, ensure compliance with Federal, State, local and Air Force regulations.
- Draft Performance Work Statements (PWS), prepare Statements of Work (SOW),
- Draft programming documents (DD 1391s), develop cost estimates, briefings and other components of the programming/acquisition package for government approval and submission.
- Perform independent technical and cost reviews of facility project design submittals, standard design templates, charrette reports, and facility design standards/tools prepared by architect-engineers.
- Perform comprehensive technical compliance verification of all aspects of the design with all applicable design criteria, including applicable AF and national
- Standards, criteria, and specifications; providing a specific citation as the basis for each finding.
- Perform a comprehensive validation of the designer's cost estimate, citing specific areas with questionable basis.
- Assess compliance with programming approval documents and applicable program approval thresholds.
- US Citizen
- Must Be willing to submit to a background investigation for NACI
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance
- ABET- accredited Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor's degree and 7-10 years of experience or a Master's degree and 3-6 years of experience.
- Professional registration/license
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office applications, AutoCAD, BUILDER (Desired), TRIRIGA (desired), E4Clicks or equivalent, and familiarity w/ RSMeans at a minimum
- Wright-Patterson AFB
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.