Location: Wentzville, MO
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Install, maintain, repair and troubleshoot stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment in sites such as factories, production plants and recreational facilities
* Read diagrams and schematic drawings and service manuals to determine work procedures
* Operate rigging equipment and dollies to place heavy machinery and parts
* Fit bearings, align gears and shafts, attach motors, and connect couplings and belts to precise tolerances
* Align and test equipment, and make any necessary adjustments
* Perform predictive and operational procedures
* Repair or replace defective parts
* Service and repair hydraulic and pneumatic systems
* Welding (a weld that is adequate in size to temporarily hold components in place until it can be completely welded by a registered apprentice welder or a journeyman welder) and fabrication as well as maintain an inventory of replacement parts
* Working within precise limits or standards of accuracy
* Working at heights
* Using of logical step-by-step procedures in work
* Planning, solving problems and decision-making based on quantifiable information.
Must have a good understanding of fluid mechanics hydraulics and pneumatics, and all of the components involved in these processes, such as valves, cylinder (engine)|cylinders, pumps and Gas compressor compressors. They are also trained to work with a wide array of precision tools, such as Vernier calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, levels, gauge blocks, and optical and laser alignment tooling.
The employee is required to talk and/or hear in an industrial setting (noise level is moderate). The employee is frequently required to stand and walk on concrete surface from 6-10 hours. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The vision requirements: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception and adjust focus.
As outlined in the Job Description
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled