**This is a contingent position based on contract award and funding from the customer**
Various International Locations
Full Time, Exempt
Caliburn International is currently searching for a qualified Journeyman Plumber to perform skilled technical work in the installation, repair, replacement, and maintenance of domestic water systems, heating water systems, sanitary sewer systems, storm sewers, gas pipe (both threaded and fusion welded), steam and condensate pipes, and fire protection systems.
- Read blueprints and other technical documents to asses building needs and pipe/plumbing fixture plans.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of the International Plumbing Codes.
- Determine materials needed for each new project; estimate time and cost
- Install, assemble, maintain, and repair pipes and plumbing fixtures
- Affix clamps, screws, brazing, soldering, welds, etc. to pipes and tubes
- Measure and modify pipes accordingly by cutting, threading, or bending pipes by using specialized tools
- Install dishwashers, water heaters, toilets, sinks, etc.
- Diagnose plumbing problems and work to resolve any issues
- Repair or replace damaged parts
- Train new apprentices in proper plumbing techniques and practices
- Confirm pipe system is air/watertight by performing pressure tests
- Keep detailed notes and create work reports documenting projects
- Test plumbing and other installed fixtures to ensure proper functioning
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
- Install underground storm, sanitary and water piping systems and extend piping to connect fixtures and plumbing to these systems.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to install piping lay and lifting heavy objects. Must be able to lift tool, materials, equipment in excess of 50lbs.
- Must be able to work from all types of ladders and perform work at various heights.
- Wear personal protective equipment as required by OSHA and EM-385.
Qualities of a Successful Candidate
- Independence - Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Innovation - Job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
- Persistence - Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Concern for Others - Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
- Self-Control - Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Achievement/Effort - Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- A high school diploma is preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 to 7-years total construction experience, 3-years working as an apprentice under a Journeyman Plumber
- Successful completion of a Plumbing Apprenticeship Program is preferred, but not mandatory. Work experience will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis in lieu of completing a formal Apprenticeship Program.
- Must be willing to deploy to project sites worldwide to complete construction projects.
- Must have an active Secret clearance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Proven ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Strong initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Who We Are
About Caliburn International, LLC: We are a leading provider of professional services and solutions to U.S. federal government agencies and commercial clients. We provide consulting, engineering, medical, and environmental services as well as large scale program management in support of our core markets of national defense, international diplomacy, and homeland security client readiness. Caliburn employs over 8,000 dedicated professionals deployed across five continents. The
company's website is www.caliburnintl.com.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing company and department objectives and is not intended and should not be construed to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
Caliburn is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.0