You will be required to assemble, install and repair plumbing systems according to specifications and appropriate trade and building codes. These systems may consist of pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water and drainage systems.
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call “Partners” are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
- Study specifications, building plans and shop drawings to determine tools and equipment required and the appropriate sequence of installation.
- Follow hanger spacing and load requirements based on specs and owner requirements.
- Install and repair plumbing fixtures such as sinks, toilets, bathtubs, urinals, water heaters, water softeners and others.
- Locate and mark the position of pipe, pipe connections and passage holes for pipes in walls and floors using ruler, level and laser.
- Cut openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and fittings, using hand and power tools.
- Install sleeves and leave outs for roof and wall penetrations.
- Dig, backfill and tamp ditches using shovels, picks, and tampers.
- Cut, ream and solder copper tubing/piping, braze, solvent weld, fuse groove and thread pipe using pipe cutters, reamers, torches, allow gaskets, solvent cements, fusing machines, press fittings, grove and pipe-threading machines.
- Assemble and install valves, pipes and fittings composed of metals, i.e. iron, steel, copper, brass, lead and non-metals, i.e. glass, vitrified clay and plastic using hand tools and power tools.
- Join pipe using mechanical solder, brazing and pipe joining methods.
- Fill pipe systems with water or air and reads gauges to determine system leaks.
- Maintain the work area in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations (should support implementation of 6S).
- Maintain required personal tools, and properly uses all Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and safety equipment.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Must have a valid/current Journeyman Plumber’s License
- Minimum of 4+ years as a Plumbing Journeyman working on commercial projects
- Must be able to complete work with a limited degree of supervision and regularly provides guidance to others.