Wahl Clipper is searching for experienced and dedicated individuals to join our Tool Room Team in a high volume precision metal forming/stamping plant.
Key Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build new, repairs, rebuilds and/or overhauls all types of production progressive dies/injection molds and service equipment. Read blue prints to build quality components within tolerances of one thousandths of an inch. Checks and inspects die for wear and maintenance issues. Evaluates problems and implements immediate solutions to reduce problem recurrence.
- Set up and operate all types of tool-room equipment and tools, considering the various types of materials, tolerances, cutting tools, coolants and machine tool's feeds/speeds.
- This position works with extremely close tolerances and grinds all types of special tools to blue print & die specifications. Use of micrometers, calipers, optical comparator and/or VIM visual inspection machine & CMM coordinate measuring machine.
- Traces tool difficulties to their source and corrects them. Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions. Develop root cause to production issues, preventative maintenance thru continuous improvement.
- Will help develop our apprentices in our Tool & Die Program.
- Must possess a high degree of attention and care, toward work.
The ideal person for this position has the following minimal requirements:
- The successful candidate must have knowledge of and ability to use shop mathematics, tools & hold a Journeyman's certificate with 5 years of experience or 10 years' experience without a certificate.
- A Mandatory requirement would be to have 3D CAD/CAM knowledge, wire EDM & CNC programming from solid models