Job Code: D11
Title: Senior Modeling & Simulation Engineer
Job Location: Fort Walton Beach, Florida (Eglin AFB)
Odyssey Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Modeling & Simulation Engineer. This position supports the test and evaluation and technical development of weapons systems, specifically the Hard Target Void Sensing Fuze (HTVSF, FMU-167), FMU-139D/B Fuze and the Cockpit-Selectable Height-of-Burst Sensor (C-HOBS) as well as Enterprise programs such as M-Code, A2K, A5K, ULAG, and new emerging technologies.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but not limited to:
• Support design, development, production, operation, and sustainment of Armament Systems at Eglin AFB, FL
• Execute tasks throughout the acquisition life cycle from requirements analysis through the disposal of a system
• Provide resources with knowledge and experience in supporting and conducting simulation studies to include but not be limited to system and component performance, engineering trade-offs, system effectiveness, and logistics.
• Design/support of mechanical fuze systems; support dynamic modeling and analysis of weapon/fuse systems (create validated models for weapons, fuzes, and sensors)
• Develop models and simulate the high-speed impact and penetration events for existing and new weapon concepts and designs
• Provide assessments and analyses with respect to system and component performance, engineering trade-offs and system effectiveness
• Design/support of weapon elements such as warheads, fuzes, and explosives
• Perform and review technical evaluations; support the customer with requirements development in Statement of Work (SOW) or Statement of Objectives (SOO) language related to modeling, simulation and analysis using Hydrocode and multi-physics simulation tools
• Participate/conduct teleconferences; review of Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) submittals, specifications and Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) documentation; and provide overall engineering support
• US Citizen
• Current Secret Security clearance with ability to upgrade to TS required; Current Top Secret clearance preferred
• MS in Mechanical Engineering and 15+ years relevant experience; OR Ph.D. and 5+ years relevant experience
• Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to all levels of company and customer staff and management
• Must be able to work effectively on their own or as part of a team
• The successful candidate has technical engineering experience in the development and testing of weapon systems with a desired specific focus on mechanical engineering principles as applied to fuze and fuze systems; possesses experience in leading and/or managing the mechanical and/or systems engineering activities associated with acquisition of new weapon capabilities with a desired focus on associated fuzing systems; and has experience developing system performance requirements, directing the preparation of specifications and establishing engineering requirements for developmental and operational test and evaluation with a desired specific focus of fuze systems.
• Possible Travel required (approx. 25%)
• Ability to rent/operate rental cars while on travel
• Ability to work flexible and varied hours
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training