Job Code: EBD/D83*
Title: F-18 Mission Planning Specialist, JM/SR
Job Location: Fort Walton Beach, Florida (Eglin AFB)
Odyssey Systems has an exciting opportunity for an F-18 Mission Planning Specialist supporting The Direct Attack Division, AFLCMC/EBD, has responsibility for developing, producing, and sustaining Direct Attack Air-to-Ground weapons systems and subsystems for our nation's warfighters and foreign military customers. These products consist of the Massive Ordnance Penetrator (MOP), BLU-120, Joint Programmable Fuze (JPF), Hard Target Void Sensing Fuze (HTVSF), Medium Caliber Ammo and Foreign Military Sales of Direct Attack assets. Their mission is to advance combat capability through lifecycle management of direct attack systems and enterprise-level air armament mission planning capabilities; integrate existing standard munitions and launch platforms and integrate with C4I capabilities.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Provides knowledge and experience in weapon planning systems and subsystems with emphasis on Navy applications; specifically F/A-18 operations and mission planning
- Includes analyzing weapon and user requirements for derived subsystem requirements associated with navigation and guidance systems
- Understanding of operational real-time planning and preplanning systems for the employment of weapon systems in tactical aircraft and unmanned aerial systems development of mission planning support systems of active and passive weapon guidance systems
- Requires strong knowledge and experience in software engineering processes; mapping data, mapping data sources, accuracy and precision of map products; understanding of photogrammetric development of mapping products, imagery products, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) product specifications, production sources and methods; accuracy of guided weapons and sources of error associated with the weapons total error budget; the role of mission planning systems in the error budget of guided and unguided weapon systems; national and tactical sensor systems; targeting sensors and their use in weapon planning and operational use on tactical aircraft and unmanned aerial systems; NGA requirements process, and distribution; and DoD mission planning systems, requirements, acquisition, integration, testing, and fielding processes
- Knowledge and experience shall include air tasking order methods and processes, in air operations centers, software interfaces, software verification/validation, agile software development, JMPS and other mission planning systems, and weapon fly-out modeling
- Knowledge and experience shall include; F/A-18 operations (pilot or weapon systems officer), network-centric operations in tactical data links (Link-16, Combat Net Radio (CNR)/Variable Message Format (VMF) networks), unit level C4I systems, and network connectivity/interoperability
- US Citizen
- Current Secret clearance
- AA/AS +10 years of relevant experience; BA/BS +5 years of relevant experience; Masters +2 years of relevant experience
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to all levels of company and customer staff and management
- Current or former pilot preferred (F-18 / Hornet ideal)
- Possible Travel required
- Ability to rent/operate rental cars while on travel
- Ability to work flexible and varied hours
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including; recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.