Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Field Service Engine Technician to join our team specializing in Journeyman Engine Field Service for our Cummins Sales and Service in Downey, CA
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
· Completes troubleshooting, repairs and rebuilds on engine products in a service workshop independently while coaching and developing less experienced technicians
Applies documented procedures and policies to perform diagnostics and complex repairs
· Performs preventative maintenance based on assessment of engine
· Completes required documentation, such as work completed documents, time sheets, warranty claims and quality forms, via handwritten or business system input screens
Completes training in line with skill and business requirements
· Coaches and develops technicians and/or apprentices and transfers knowledge and experience to others; may provide work direction; may review repair plans, parts lists, etc
· Maintains work area and tools for cleanliness and proper operation
· Adheres to and ensures adherence of more junior technicians to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
· 5+ years Heavy Line Mechanic
· Extensive troubleshooting experience
· Experience with both Nat Gas and Diesel engine platforms
· Cummins Engine experience preferred
· Familiar with warranty practices/policies
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.