To successfully create high-quality and effective advertising for agency clients. Working in tandem with a Copywriter partner, the Jr. Art Director transforms compelling and imaginative concepts into visual reality. Jr. Art Directors are selected and placed into their position by a Creative Director and the Managing Director of Creative Services. This position works under General Direction, providing overview of end result; work is completed unsupervised. Incumbent uses independent judgment and discretion to accomplish tasks. Plans/schedules/arranges own activities. Has considerable latitude of discretion and judgment within scope of position. Develops solutions to complex problems.
- Produce exceptional work for clients, both creatively as well as effectively, in multiple media types including, but not limited to, print, digital, outdoor, and collateral.
- Help the agency win new business through bold, innovative work, as well as effective presentations.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat on a Mac OSX platform.
- Collaborate with graphic design and production personnel in the translation of concepts to print-ready mechanical files.
- Create compelling art that activates consumers to shop and ultimately purchase the clients offerings.
- Maintain best practices for file and server management, including the consistent application of naming conventions, file/folder organization, versioning control, job slugs, and more.
- Maintain client brand guidelines and design standards.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Maintain important relationships with internal department colleagues and clients to help the agency move the relationship to one of value and respect.
- Help the agency develop strong and positive relationships in the advertising and marketing community to aid in the recruitment of top talent.
- Possess a positive attitude when working with colleagues, associates, and clients. Be solutions-oriented, and supportive in finding solutions to unexpected challenges.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required and/or 2+ years experience with an advertising or design company.
- A strong portfolio of creative that demonstrates originality, innovation, problem-solving, and personal expression.
- Knowledge of file format types, such as PDF, TIF, EPS, JPG, PNG, GIF, etc. and how to create/edit them.
- Proficiency with image manipulation, color-correction, scanning, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, utilize resources, identify and address problems, meet deadlines, and stay within budget.
- Proficiency with software applications used for advertising, such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Strong interpersonal skills; a team player, positive and innovative thinker.
- Highly motivated and a high level of initiative; ability to work independently, in support of the agency’s creative goals and the client’s business objectives.
The responsibilities are many, various, and not limited to those written in this document.