Position: Junior Business Analyst
Location: Tustin, CA
Position Summary: The Junior Business Analyst plays a crucial role in identifying, improving, and developing technology solutions that drive our strategic goals. Working at the intersection of business and technology, the Junior Business Analyst will develop thorough understanding of business processes and data analysis, while continuing to develop their analytical, organization, and communication skills.
- Eliciting, analyzing, specifying, & validating requirements and creating workflows, user stories or defect reports.
- Assist with maintaining the backlog’s health and manage the progress and maintenance.
- Work with the product managers and BAs to understand the business vision, priority, and expectations.
- Present new ideas, tools, and resources to improve the product evolution process.
- Take initiative to respond to communications to ensure that development continues to move forward.
- Owns and brings to fruition all features that they are responsible for.
- Ability to liaison between lines of business and the development team, while working with a wide range of stakeholders and collaborating with your team
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Write requirements and documentation
- Assists with the prioritization, including business value, of product items
- Assists scrum team with removing impediments and blockers
- Works on backlog items and feature readiness by partnering up with support, training, client’s stakeholders, requestors, and SME’s of any other business units
- Steps outside of the comfort zone to learn new skill sets that pertain to our product team needs
- Takes initiative to partner with the training teams to ensure that the details being communicated out in the field are in line with the details of the feature
- Play a role in UAT to ensure a successful release
- Maintain a positive and excited attitude so your team feeds off that energy
- Attends backlog refinement and conducts refinement review
- Works hand in hand with scrum masters to ensure team readiness for sprint planning, sizing, sprint completions, demos to business, and meeting release dates
- Being available and providing clarification and removing ambiguity to scrum team regarding any stories or features
- Assists in all scrum ceremonies and managing sprint completion
- Expectations are not limited to the above
- Understanding of business applications, data usage, and management
- Proven self-starter strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong internal and external customer focus
- High-level proficiency in MS-Office products
- Ability to think analytically and quickly distill the important information from a discussion or request
- BS/BA degree
- Business Analysis Certificate
- Experience in Mortgage industry
- Experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies and ceremonies
Work Authorization: Must be able to verify identity and employment eligibility to work in the U.S.
Other Duties: This job profile is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and responsibilities, as one may perform additional related duties as assigned in order to meet the needs of the organization.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift up to ten pounds. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information. VISION: See in the normal visual range with or without correction. HEARING: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
[EOE/M/F/D/V. Drug-free workplace.]