The Jr. Digital Art Director is selected and placed into the position by the Digital Creative Director and, Managing Director of Creative Services. This candidate will work cross-functionally between the Creative & Digital Experience Teams. To successfully create award-winning, compelling, and effective email campaigns alongside the digital creative team, composed of Web Designers, UX Designers, Copywriters, Email Strategists and Graphic Designers.
- Produce exceptional work for clients, both creatively as well as effectively, in multiple digital applications with a strong focus on Email creative. Other applications including, but not limited to, Web sites, Web banners, rich media, social media, and mobile.
- Provide conceptual designs, but also possess the capability to flesh out designs with the execution of HTML5, Java and CSS3.
- Help the agency win new business through bold, innovative work, as well as effective presentations.
- Partner with senior creative staff to concept and solve client projects.
- Gain all necessary approvals to move projects forward.
- Maintain a positive attitude when working with colleagues, associates, and clients. Be solutions-oriented, and supportive in finding solutions to unexpected challenges.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting mutually-agreed deadlines.
- Collaborate with graphic design and production personnel in the translation of concepts to web-ready files.
- Maintain best practices for file and server management, including the consistent application of naming conventions, file/folder organization, versioning control, job slugs, and more.
- Knowledge of file format types, such as PDF, TIF, EPS, JPG, PNG, GIF, etc. and how to create/edit them.
- Maintain client brand guidelines and design standards.
- Bachelor’s degree required and/or 3+ years experience with an advertising organization, with at least three years previous experience in a high volume environment.
- A powerful portfolio of creative that demonstrates originality, innovation, problem-solving, and personal expression.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, utilize resources, identify and address problems, meet deadlines, and stay within scope.
- Proficiency with software applications used for advertising, such as Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Proficiency with image manipulation, color-correction, scanning, etc.
- Skill with text, photo, and illustration research and permissions.
- Strong interpersonal skills; a team player, persuasive negotiator, positive and innovative thinker.
- Highly motivated and a high level of initiative; ability to work independently, in support of the agency’s creative goals and the client’s business objectives.
The responsibilities are many, various, and not limited to those written in this document