Associate Distribution Engineer
Our client is a future-focused solutions provider utilities consistently come to for reliable power expertise. As reflected through our work, with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country and a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our portfolio includes large energy projects for utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients, as well as working with an established group of industry-leading construction partners. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by ENR: Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms.
- Designing of overhead, URD, re-conductoring and asset replacement projects
- Underground cable/conduit distribution projects in urban and rural environments
- Maintaining compliance within client engineering and construction specification
- Identification of conflicting utilities
- Performing engineering and design calculations and work permit development.
- Maintain quality control and safe work practices and while maintaining compliance within the project scope, schedule and budget
Field Work Requirements:
- Ability to walk two miles
- Ability to swing a 5 lb. hammer
- Ability to stake poles
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 0-2 years of experience with electric utility distribution design and/or construction projects. (Candidates with experience that exceeds the listed requirements may be considered for a higher level position).
- The candidate must have a background and/or coursework in utility distribution design work package development including, but not limited to overhead, URD, and underground cable/conduit design work packages.
- Candidate must comply with quality control and safe work practices and maintain compliance with project scope, schedule and budget.
- Additional experience in utility distribution construction and/or construction supervision.
- Design Experience that includes complex overhead and underground distribution projects in urban and rural environments, in compliance with client's engineering and construction specifications, field engineering of project requirements, identification of conflicting utilities, engineering and design calculations, and work permit development.
Apex Systems has a need for an Entry Level Electrical Engineer in Framingham, MA.
If interested, please send an updated resume to Jessica Parker at email@example.com
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178