Title: Jr./s Entry - Instructional Designer
Location: Columbus, OH
* If you are interested in applying please contact Kelsey Laughlin: email@example.com 614-467-4200
Instructional Designer: This individual will be responsible for supporting the analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of learning programs supported by IT Workforce Readiness. This role will also be responsible for the administration of a Learning Management System (LMS) as well as the coordination of both physical and mobile classrooms.
General Background Sought:
• 1-3 years experience in any professional role with a willingness to learn a new skill.
Potential background/experiences could include, but are not required:
• Experience in Instructional Design, eLearning Development, Graphic Design and Multimedia Production.
• Experience developing role-based training;
• Strong written and oral communication skills;
• Customer-service focus;
• Ability to thrive in a highly dynamic, fast-paced agile team environment;
• Demonstrated creative problem-solving and delivery strategy skills;
• Self-motivated, deadline driven, and able to work with minimal supervision;
• Learn how to work with training team to identify and document training and development needs within an organization through job analysis, appraisal schemes and interaction with BU training liaisons.
• With a mentor, produce training materials (eLearning, informational videos, graphics and animations, User Guides, Job Aids, and Communications) for in-house projects
• Engage in all aspects of training development from planning through post-deployment analysis
• Will learn how to support and manage employee continuing education
• Help to define and develop a methodology to monitor and review the progress of trainees
• Work with a team to support management of training schedules, communications, and delivery planning
• Collaborate with others to support roll out of post go-live learning events including webinars, events etc.
• Amend and revise programs as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment
• Have an understanding of e-learning techniques, and where relevant, be involved in the creation and/or delivery of e-learning packages
• Research new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning and present this research.
Technical Skills Sought:
We are seeking an individual with working experience and skills using some or all of the following software tools:
• Adobe Creative Suite and Cloud applications
• eLearning Development: Captivate, Articulate, Camtasia
• Adobe Audition
• Adobe Character Animator
• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe Media Encoder
• Adobe Premiere Pro
• Adobe RoboHelp
• Video/Audio recording and editing
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178