Aveshka is looking for a Jr. Management Analyst to support the ASPR mission of public health preparedness and emergency response. The professional staffing support services required by ASPR span program and functional mission areas.
Aveshka is supporting the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR). ASPR is a public health preparedness and emergency response organization in the Office of the Secretary at the United States Department of Health and Human Services. ASPR was created under the 2006 Pandemic and All Hazards Preparedness Act (and reauthorized in the Pandemic and All Hazards Reauthorization Act of 2013) in the wake of Hurricane Katrina to lead the nation in preventing, preparing for, and responding to the adverse health effects of public health emergencies and disasters. The ASPR serves as the principal adviser to the HHS Secretary responsible for providing integrated policy coordination and strategic direction with respect to all matters related to public health, medical preparedness, and deployment of the federal response for public health emergencies and incidents. The ASPR heads a Staff Division in the Office of the Secretary, serving as the Secretary's principal advisor on issues related to bioterrorism, and leads a collaborative approach to the department's preparedness, response, and recovery portfolio. In addition to this policy responsibility, the office of the ASPR also has operational responsibilities both for the advanced research and development of MCMs, and for coordination of the federal public health and medical response to incidents. The office of the ASPR serves as the lead official responsible for all federal public health and medical response to public health emergencies and incidents covered by the National Response Framework and National Disaster Recovery Framework.
This position will provide a combination of management analysis and executive administration support to the ASPR office of Strategy, Policy, Planning and Requirements.
- Schedule and monitor the staff calendars; answer telephones, route calls, and take messages
- Prepared and manage SPPR-OD travel logistics
- Organize files and other written communications
- Coordinate activities with direct reports and other staff
- Take meeting notes and prepare correspondence for signature
- Make travel arrangements & prepare travel vouchers
- Coordinate special projects such as white papers, reports, and briefings
- Edit and update documents such as white papers, reports, staffing/hiring, management directives and policy
- Provide meeting notes/minutes, action items and schedules of activities for personnel and groups
- Review and write executive correspondence and documents
- Provide overall management analysis support as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 4 years of work experience including executive level support related to the job description
- Intermediate level of experience with MS Office Suite
- Experience compiling reports and running reports from a database to Excel
- Ability to process actions in a timely manner
- Ability to take proactive approaches to problem-solving and trouble-shooting with strong decision making capabilities
- Highly resourceful team-player with the ability to be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Public trust
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Advanced degree in relevant field
- Knowledge of 508 Remediation
- Expert level MS Office, PPT, Excel, Visio and Adobe Acrobat
- Stakeholder communication and management (ability work cohesively with federal business partners within the HC team)
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to self start and self motivate
- Capacity for reative problem solving
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Research skills
- Process improvement
- Ability to manage change, and adapt to unexpected situations in a fast-paced work environment
Aveshka is a professional services firm focused on addressing our nation’s most complex threats and challenges. As a small business we’re committed to supporting our clients’ missions with services delivered by our diverse and experienced staff. With expertise in cybersecurity, emergency preparedness, and public health, our experience base spans federal, state, and local governments, as well as private sector entities.
Aveshka encourages collaborative communication and ongoing learning. Some of our benefits include:
- Extensive training programs
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Technology benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Generous paid time off and much more!
Aveshka is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)