We are seeking a Web Applications Developer in Herndon, VA to support the Peraton Communications Sector. You will report to the Director of Enterprise Applications and be responsible for the ground-floor development of our "Internet of Things" Web Application. This is a 6-month temporary full-time position.
The Peraton Communications Sector provides innovative, reliable communications solutions to the nation’s most sensitive and mission-critical programs and systems. As a trusted provider of highly differentiated secure communications capabilities, the Peraton Communications Sector is a critical partner to the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and select federal agencies and commercial entities.
What you'll do....
- You will work closely with IoT (Internet of Things) solutions team to dissect the customer's unique environments, while translating requirements into custom web application solutions on top of existing IoT platforms.
- You will be responsible for design, coding, and integration of IoT web platforms to include custom interfaces, disparate system data sets, databases, time series data, networks, sensors, and other platforms.
- You will collaborate with product management to evaluate emerging IoT platforms and software to meet the needs of current and future customer use cases.
- You will complete the application development by coordinating requirements, schedules and activities; contributing to team meetings, and troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple customer platforms.
You’d be a great fit if…
You have a BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or other related technical degree, and you have 2 - 5 years' experience with the following:
- Software development and software lifecycle best practices.
- Experience in a related support, services, or software development field that utilized technical and soft skills.
- Experience in web application development and use of related technologies (.Net, Java, HTML, XML/XSL, CSS, etc.).
- Experience installing, configuring and administering Web-based applications, relational databases, and open-source projects.
- Experience working with storage networking/cloud computing.
- You have ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret security clearance, which requires a US citizen
It would be even better if you have…
2 - 5 years' experience with:
- Integrating physical sensors and hardware.
- Data visualization and data analysis.
- Industrial and IoT protocols (such as MQTT or Modbus).
As well as:
- An understanding of network communications, switches, routers, server, video, and mobile equipment.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- You are a self-directed team player with proven ability to deliver tasks timely and efficiently, and a demonstrated ability to interact professionally with all levels of management.
- High level problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Experience in the aerospace, defense, and/or telecom industries.
- Knowledge of satellite and/or terrestrial communications products and services
- Experience with government contracting
Peraton provides innovative, reliable solutions to the nation’s most sensitive and mission-critical programs and systems. Peraton has significant experience providing highly differentiated secure communications, space, and technology solutions to key customers, and has become a trusted partner on missions that are critical to the security priorities of the United States. Capabilities include complex software and technology services and solutions, as well as end-to-end mission operations abilities, including Software Systems Development, Cyber, Modeling & Simulation, Mission Operations, Signal Intelligence (SIGINT), and Quick Reaction Capabilities (QRC) / Research & Development. The company is headquartered in Herndon, VA, with approximately 3,500 employees across the U.S. and Canada.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.