The Actuarial & Finance Technology (AFT) group is a part of the Corporate IT organization. AFT provides business and technical support across a broad range of actuarial and financial systems for the Enterprise. We are seeking a technology and problem-solving enthusiast for a junior level, hands-on developer role to help advance our architectural strategies and innovation efforts. If you are energetic, love learning new things and are excited to collaborate with other thought leaders and technology architects across our enterprise to deliver cutting-edge solutions that help us do business better, we want to speak with you!
At Prudential, we pride ourselves on fostering a culture focused on creating a positive, inclusive and rewarding experience for all. Together we work to achieve the best possible personal and professional growth for our team. Innovation, collaboration and unwavering ethics form the bedrock of our efforts.
Come join our team and grow your career with us! Your opportunities on our team will include:
• Contribute to the continued build out and modernization of our financial and actuarial systems into a hybrid cloud and on-premise architecture.
• Creation, implementation and orchestration of container-based components for our architecture.
• Strategic enhancements and refactoring of existing critical components to align with overall technology strategy.
• Explore, evaluate and implement emerging technologies into our architecture where advantageous.
• Work with senior developers and functional analysts to gather functional and technical requirements and be able to translate them into application code.
• Perform hands-on analysis, design, coding and testing to meet business and technical objectives.
• Coordinate with software vendors, where applicable, to support upgrades and/or maintenance activities including problem resolution.
• Provide ongoing production support for supported applications including problem resolution.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline
• Any work experience with application development supporting Windows/Unix and Web-based applications
• Programming experience with any major language/platform, such as VB.NET, C#.NET, ASP/ASP.NET, JAVA, HTML, XML/XSL
• General relational database experience and SQL programming knowledge (tables, queries, stored procedures, etc.), such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle
• Experience with Excel including VBA scripting
• Experience working on a major cloud provider platform such as AWS or Azure is a plus
• Basic understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong desire to learn new technologies and apply what is learned
• Highly accountable and results-oriented
Prudential is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this open position unless contracted with Staffing. Agencies must work with Staffing as the primary point of contact and follow the Prudential application process to be considered for business. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Prudential via-email Internet or directly to hiring managers in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Prudential and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prudential.
Note: Any search agreement entered into with Prudential before January 2004 is null and void. Search firms are essential to the recruitment and staffing efforts at Prudential and we value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Prudential has established and regularly maintains a preferred vendor list and even preferred vendors need to have a written search agreement signed by the Director Recruiting Programs Staffing at Prudential in place for the specific position in order for a fee to be paid for any candidate referrals.