The position is responsible for but not limited to assisting planning, forecasting and inventory management for the Optics Business Unit, as well as, scheduling and scheduling workload. Responsibilities of the planning/purchasing position will include, purchasing consumables and project work to reduce costs and improve processes, as well as, ongoing vendor evaluations in accordance to ISO 9001requirements. Works under general supervision. Although the location of the position is in Newton, NJ, from time to time it may be required to undertake duties at other ThorLabs locations.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Purchasing (Daily purchasing, expediting, date and data management).
- Planning (Daily printing, scheduling/ re-scheduling/ date management).
- Product Availability and Lead Time calculation.
- Review Document and Data.
- Initiates and participates in purchasing improvement and cost reduction programs.
- Generate special and periodic reports as required or directed.
- RMA Vendor Returns.
- Inventory Control and Inventory Planning (Safety Stock, forecast, build/order size).
- Review company back orders.
- Minimum 1 years of experience in a similar position.
- High School Diploma or equivalent or equivalent work experience
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong ability to work well in a group atmosphere, and comply with high quality standards.
- Strong ability to shift from one task to another to address changing production priorities.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
- Employee Referral Program
- Merchandise Discounts
- Employee Events
- Gym Memberships
- Vacation/paid time off
- Performance bonus
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Paid Holidays
- Free Food and Coffee
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Paid sick days
- Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Professional Development