One of our top clients in Cary, NC has an opening for a Jr Release Manager. If interested, please send the most up-to-date copy of your resume to Healea at email@example.com.
Summary: Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects within the information technology department. Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project. May require a bachelor's degree and 0-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
Responsible for scheduling, monitoring, and supporting releases across multiple environments. Adheres to process and documentation standards. Provides off-business hours to support production releases.
Responsible for attending Change Approval Boards for gaining approval of releases and for providing oversight of impacting releases.
Top 3 MUST HAVE skills -
- Release Management experience (1 to 3 yrs experience) with hands on experience creating, maintaining and seeing thru issue/escalation tickets to completion . ** this will be 40 to 50% of the person's workload
- must have solid QA testing and very strong analytical skills as person will be involved with smoke testing and trying to 'break the system' as part of QA testing process, in order to cut down on outages/systems bugs
- ability to support the Development team in Org. Tech and design documentation
NICE TO HAVES -
experience/familiarity with .NET, Sharepoint and Java . not required but good to have /helpful as part of the QA testing duties as will help the person have a full understanding on what they are testing and how to try to break the system.
This is a 'business as usual role' not project implementation, however person may support PM during rollout of projects (for QA and smoke testing)
-there will be no Travel as part of this role
- person must be on a weekly 7am Global change governance call every Thursday
- person must work 2 weekends a month (Friday night and Saturday) during peak support releases /deployment for smoke testing
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178