Location: Fairfax, VA
Do you hold, or can you obtain a DHS security clearance?
If so, it's time to take your 3 - 5 years of JEE experience to the next level!
Come work with NEC as a Jr. Software Engineer and gain valuable experince working on the Homeland Advanced Recognition Technology System (HART) for the Department of Homeland Security.
NEC will be replacing the current Automated Biometric Identification System (IDENT), with a new, more robust system hosted by Amazon Web Services.
This role can be performed mostly remote with occasional on-site meetings in Fairfax. .
You can read more about the project here:
In this role, you will design, implement and test the customization of the existing products to meet the customer's needs. You must understand the agile approach and be part of self-sustaining team. You also need a good understaning and experience implementing object oriented technology using Core Java 8 or greater, including threads and concurrency.
Other duties will include:
• Use modern software engineering IDEs including Eclipse, Rational Application Developer (RAD) for design, development, and testing the software
• Work with users in an Agile development approach to understand and document requirements in JIRA, then elicit feedback and refine solution through demonstrations
• Present the solution at formal and informal design reviews, and document the design according to the Government’s system lifecycle methodology
• JEE Server experience (Wildfly and/or JBOSS preferred)
• Web services
• AWS or Cloud Development
• XML and JSON
• Experience working with users to define requirements and demonstrate solutions
• Experience designing and delivering complex, highly-scalable software components
Desired Knowledge and Experience Includes
• 3-5 yrs Java JEE required
• Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or related field
• Developing 100% automated unit tests
• Agile development approach
• Excellent written/oral communication skills and problem solving skills; ability to communicate information to a variety of groups at different technical skill levels
• Strong initiative: must be able to take a high-level requirement, ask questions/seek clarifications, and get the job done
• Ability to work in a high-pressured, tight-deadline environment
• Experience with WebLogic based environment is preferred
• Must be able to multitask efficiently and progressively and work comfortably in an ever-changing data environment
• Must work well in a team environment as well as independently
• Clearance – Must pass DHS HQ 6C
• Citizenship – Must be a US Citizen
NEC is consistently recognized as one of the 50 most innovative companies globally. (by Boston Consulting)
ABOUT NEC CORPORATION OF AMERICA
Headquartered in Irving, Texas, NEC is a leading provider of innovative IT, biometrics, network, and communications products and solutions for service carriers and Fortune 1000 and SMB businesses across multiple vertical industries, including healthcare, government, education, and hospitality. NEC delivers one of the industry's broadest portfolios of technology solutions and professional services, including unified communications, wireless, voice and data, managed services, server and storage infrastructure, optical network systems, microwave radio communications, and biometric security. NEC is a wholly owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, a global technology leader with a presence in over 44 countries and more than $37.5 billion in revenue. For more information, please visit www.necam.com.
NEC Corporation of America and its subsidiaries is committed to the maximum utilization of all human resources and the goal of Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, genetic characteristics, height, weight, arrest record pertaining to misdemeanors or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
EOE-Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities