McKesson Pharmacy Systems (MPS) is seeking a highly motivated entry level Software Engineer to join our EnterpriseRx Software Development team. MPS offers an array of integrated pharmacy software solutions for the health care industry. Our systems are used to manage thousands of pharmacies nationwide within the independent, chain, and hospital market segments. At McKesson, our core values are the foundation of everything that we do. We strive for excellence and challenge each other to raise the bar. We offer an invigorating blend of challenge and opportunity in a fun, fast-paced, collaborative work environment. At MPS, we actively work with you to invest in your professional development. Located in Moon Township, PA, MPS is a business unit of McKesson Corporation (NYSE: MCK), which is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
If you have a passion for engineering quality software, we are interested in you. We are seeking an entry level software engineer that will work with our team to achieve fantastic results. As a contributor within the EnterpriseRx research and development (R&D) team, you will a work in a collaborative and highly skilled Agile team. EnterpriseRx® is an enterprise class software solution that manages pharmacy workflow activities and increases revenue into pharmacies.
- Actively participate in the development and review of User Stories
- Participating in technical design and code reviews
- Remediating defects by solving the reported problem and thoroughly testing to ensure the issue has been solved while leaving the surrounding code in a better state than you found it
- Developing and executing unit/integration tests
- Actively participating on cross-functional teams that may include Architects, Developers, Q/A, and Product Management, Project Management, and Operations personnel
- Demonstrate complex topics to a diverse audience, including business leaders and customers in Sprint Reviews.
- Understanding the retail pharmacy and clinical services domain, and learning how customers use McKesson products to manage their business
- 0-25% travel
Must be authorized to work in the US. Sponsorship is not available for this position
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented development (Java preferred)
- Knowledge of relational databases (such as Oracle) and Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Knowledge of web development and an MVC framework such as Angular
- Knowledge of web services and corresponding frameworks such as Spring Boot
- Ability to learn and implement new technologies and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
Internal Use Only - Career Level
P1McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!