If interested in the following position. Please send a copy of your most up-to-date Word resume to Joseph Hillegass at jhillegass@apexsystems,com. Hope to hear from you soon!
Position: Jr. Systems Administrator
Location: New York, New York 10278
Duration: Long Term Contract
Candidates must be US Citizens, and able to obtain and maintain a DHS EOD clearance, per a condition of employment
- Monitor the Remedy ticket queues, troubleshoot and resolve assigned hardware, software and LAN/WAN trouble tickets.
- Fulfill Service Requests such as workstation moves, software installations and equipment configuration changes.
- Verify with the customer that the issue has been resolved to their satisfaction.
- Update tickets following a documentation standard template, stating or restating the Issue, Actions Taken, and Next Actions Needed.
- Create Active Directory computer and user accounts.
- Manage Windows Server 2012 configurations, security patches and applications.
- Provide support for VPN connectivity via Cisco VPN client, RSA token and/or smart cards.
- Consult and coordinate activities with Engineering, Security, and Service Desk personnel.
- Communicate plans, progress, and issues in a timely manner.
- Participate in the weekly on-call duty rotation, providing after-hours support to customers and supported equipment.
- Support peripheral devices including scanners and printers.
- Support mobile devices such as IPhones, IPads, BlackBerrys and Air Cards.
- Support business continuity plans and site readiness.
- Maintain system backups utilizing Net Backup, and regularly conduct testing of restored data.
- Documents, tracks and monitors all problems and requests to ensure a timely resolution.
- Consistently meets the service target objectives and ticket resolution rates.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and all levels of the customer’s organization to identify needs, evaluate solutions, identify opportunities for improvement and build customer relationships.
- Demonstrated initiative with a strong sense of urgency and purpose.
- Proven success in the development of customer-centric solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry best practices and the ability to understand complex and advanced technical concepts.
- Demonstrated success in customer service and relationship building.
- Ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously, and in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of operating systems and office productivity software (Preferred: Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat)
- Familiarity with WAN devices, circuits, cabling, voice communication systems and facilities management.
- Working knowledge of operating endpoint management tools (Preferred: BigFix, Tivoli, LANDesk, or Altiris)
- Experience using IT Service Management software (Preferred: Remedy, HEAT, Siebel, Unicenter or ServiceNow)
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stretch, crawl and lift or move up to 50 lbs.
Preferred Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field
- 3 or more years of experience providing technical support in an enterprise environment
- Professional Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, A+, Security+ and/or Network+
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178