The Data Analytics Group serves as a key resource in building and executing on CHUBB’s Business Information Strategies, working closely with stakeholders, decision makers and business leaders to support business decisions through innovative solutions.
This role directly supports CHUBB’s goal of becoming an Information-Driven organization by aligning analytics with business information needs. By answering core business questions through such techniques as data mining, pattern detection, graphical or statistical analysis, as well as by utilizing innovative solutions and capabilities for rapid delivery of business insights, CHUBB will achieve greater business value from its vast data stores.
This is a junior level Technical Business Analyst role requiring data analysis skills.
- Work closely with the business partners and technology teams; act as liaison between business and technology teams
- Interact with business to document data requirements.
- Build data & mapping specifications for development teams.
- Handle ad-hoc report generation requests from the field and businesses.
- Respond to end user questions and concerns
- Convey problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers.
- Perform QA/Testing functions within the team.
- 1-3 years relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Software Engineering, Business, or a related field.
- 1-3 years’ experience with knowledge of SQL, UNIX, Qlik Sense, R & Python
- Knowledge of analyzing datasets using advanced Excel analytical tools
- Analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Works successfully in a team environment and independently with the ability to quickly adapt to change.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Proactive, self-motivated and detail oriented
- Solid problem solving, decision making and analytical skills
- Ability to organize, plan and implement work assignments, juggle competing demands and work under pressure of frequent and tight deadlines
Successful professionals at Chubb come from many backgrounds and experiences and bring that rich diversity with them to our company. They also have some things in common and these attributes will lead to your success at Chubb:
- Results orientation: a demonstrated ability to meet commitments under pressure
- Practical intellectual adaptability: capable and successful at adapting to new knowledge
- Personal capacity: accepting and welcoming of additional responsibility over time
- Communication skills: an ability to communicate successfully in various settings
- Interpersonal/team skills: works effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Self-leadership: an ability to take full ownership of work and show initiative as needed
- Client focused: understanding of the needs of customers and clients
- Work ethic: a commitment to hard work and a high ethical conduct
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.