We are seeking a Jr. UUV Operator/Robotics Engineering Technician to support our Navy customer small UUV (Unmanned Underwater Vehicle) operations in San Diego, CA. You will have the opportunity to travel to Bahrain for required 6-month rotations in support of US Navy mine countermeasures (MCM) missions. In this position, you will integrate into a small team charged with operations and maintenance of small UUVs (MK 18 UUV Family of Systems) in the support of US Navy MCM missions supporting both SPAWAR San Diego and the U.S. Fifth Fleet Area of Responsibility.
What you'll do...
Your assigned mission tasking will support data collection and analysis for mine countermeasures objectives in various harbor areas, littorals and shipping lanes. Data analysis on R&D work on new UUV sensors. UUV operations will be conducted from small boats deployed from shore, embarked on various Navy Units Afloat and from Forward Operating Bases.
Your operational tasking will include:
- Support of SPAWAR San Diego and US Navy Forces for OCONUS Mine Countermeasure (MCM) Response for MCM operations tasking, including ongoing UUV experimentation of emerging technologies related to UUV mission. CONUS training and UUV experimentation will occur in San Diego, CA, and/or locations to be determined.
- A mandatory 6-month deployment to 5th Fleet AOR (Bahrain, Persian Gulf).
You would be a great fit if...
- You have a BS degree in Science or Engineering and 1 - 2 years of experience, or an AS degree and 4+ years of experience. Alternately, a High School diploma and 6+ years of directly related technical experience will be considered; related Navy/military training and experience is preferred.
- You have 1 - 2 years of military experience or civilian equivalent in one or more of the following areas: Unmanned Underwater Vehicle Systems operational experience or remotely operated systems, Naval marine mammal support, anti-submarine warfare sensor operator, or mine warfare operator.
- You have experience with MS Office products, to include Word, Excel and Power Point.
- You are willing to work a minimum of 6 months in Bahrain (travel and lodging provided by company).
You meet these physical requirements:
- Physical within the last 12 months due to possible remote locations of operations
- Requirement to handle man-portable UUVs, must meet the MILSTD for weight carry; for men and women: Lift an object from the floor and place it on a surface not greater than 91 cm (3 ft) above the floor.
It would be even better if you…
- Have 1 - 2 years of MK-18 Family of Systems UUV operator experience, including at least six months of deployed operational UUV experience in direct support of military operations (e.g. Fifth Fleet Operations)
- Have experience conducting test and evaluation of unmanned systems, including gathering, recording, analyzing and reporting performance data.
- Have experience operating MK-18 Family of Systems advanced sensors, which currently include ATLAS and SSAM. Expertise shall include basic operation and use, mission planning and execution, post-mission analysis, and basic operational and maintenance troubleshooting.
- Can demonstrate experience developing and writing documents on programmatic subjects, including UUV tactics and doctrine, operations, deployment guides, standard operating procedures.
- Are small craft coxswain qualified.
- Have side scan sonar and ROV operator experience.
- Have small UUV test and evaluation experience.
- Are familiar with UUV Post Mission Analysis; experience in sonar analysis, target identification and reporting procedures.
- Have knowledge of basic electricity and electronic troubleshooting; technical background in mechanical or electrical field.
- Are able to to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance, you need to be a U.S. Citizen and show proof of citizenship. An active Secret clearance is preferred and candidates with a clearance will be given preference.
What you’ll get…
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- Influence major initiatives
Peraton provides innovative, reliable solutions to the nation’s most sensitive and mission-critical programs and systems. Peraton has significant experience providing highly differentiated secure communications, space, and technology solutions to key customers, and has become a trusted partner on missions that are critical to the security priorities of the United States. Capabilities include complex software and technology services and solutions, as well as end-to-end mission operations abilities, including Software Systems Development, Cyber, Modeling & Simulation, Mission Operations, Signal Intelligence (SIGINT), and Quick Reaction Capabilities (QRC) / Research & Development. The company is headquartered in Herndon, VA, with approximately 3,500 employees across the U.S. and Canada.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.