The JSC Program Manager's primary responsibilities are to manage existing contracts and to expand the company’s presence and revenue stream. The JSC PM has operational responsibility for program/project execution, supervision, administration, management and financial performance for Odyssey services. The PM has profit and loss responsibility for this area of responsibility. The PM plans for and assigns resources to ensure that all projects and client engagements are completed on time and below the budgeted cost. The PM is the first line supervisor for all subordinate team members assigned to the project who have no other direct manager to whom they report. The PM is responsible for the development, expansion, and maintenance of all customer and teammate relationships. The PM operates with substantial discretion within broadly defined corporate policies and procedures. The PM reports to and is evaluated by the Director of National Laboratory Programs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Portfolio and Product Line Management
• As the primary Odyssey point of contact for the program, the PM must plan and execute all projects and client engagements to achieve the client's objectives, milestones, and benchmarks.
• Serve as the primary Odyssey point of contact for requirements definition, planning, execution and reporting for all assigned projects.
• Coordinate regularly with the client to ensure that the resources available and the execution plan are sufficient to achieve the client's goals and objectives.
• Manage subordinate project teams as appropriate to achieve the client's milestones.
Planning and Budgeting
• Plan and budget for all resources required to successfully execute all assigned projects, including, but not limited to direct project salary/labor, contracted labor, indirect salary/labor, material, and travel.
• Plan and budget for all resources required to develop, expand and maintain the client relationship, including but not limited to indirect salary/labor, business meals, entertainment, advertising, and other business development expenses.
• Plan and budget for all resources required to recruit, develop, motivate, and reward project team members and portfolio staff and achieve employee retention goals.
• In conjunction with the Director, establish and document the program revenue/sales goals annually.
• Review actual and projected revenue each month and report revenue variances to the Director.
• Develop get-well plans for revenue shortfalls.
• Track Portfolio costs and compare to Income Statements and Financial Reports on a monthly basis.
• Identify, analyze and report cost variances.
• Manage costs to ensure the program does not exceed established budgets to achieve Net Profit objectives.
• As the primary Odyssey point of contact for the Program, ensure that project team performance consistently meets or exceeds established customer satisfaction benchmarks.
• Develop and foster solid customer relationships by providing honest value.
Human Resources Management
• As the primary Odyssey point of contact for the program, work with the Director and Recruiting team to attract, recruit, and retain team members who meet or exceed our high standards.
• Develop and document personal and project goals that support program goals.
• For project teams operating without Project Leaders, develop and document project goals and personal goals for each team member that supports the program goals.
• Provide guidance and feedback to team members concerning employee development needs and advocate and budget to meet those needs.
• Review goal achievement with team members on a semi-annual basis, providing clear feedback on results, accomplishments, issues and deficiencies.
• Address discipline issues in accordance with corporate policies and after appropriate coordination with the Director and TMS.
• Communicate regularly with team members concerning program performance, corporate policies and initiatives, corporate news and other project, site and corporate developments.
• Communicate regularly with the COO about Portfolio status, client status, anticipated resources requirements, and business opportunities.
• Serve as the primary focal point for the distribution and collection of a variety of corporate and program correspondence to meet information needs.
• Distribute, collect, review and certify timecards, monthly reports, and other recurring and ad hoc reporting requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5 years of leadership experience supporting a government services contract
• Seven (7) plus years demonstrated performance in consulting, project management, or technical discipline related to the project (ten years without a degree)
• Project Management Experience
• Financial Management/Budgeting Experience
• Experience Planning, Organizing, Directing and Controlling a Program
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Analytical (Financial and Business) Skills
• MS Excel Skills
• Active Secret
• Ten (10) plus years demonstrated performance managing a large workforce on a government contract
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Houston, TX
• Travel: Occasional Travel to Las Cruces, White Sands Missile Range, and Bedford, Ma (25% estimated)
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Gym Memberships
- On Site Cafeteria
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off
- Employee Events
- Professional Development
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid sick days
- Employee Referral Program
- Life Insurance
- Military Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts