Kobalt is hiring a Junior Analyst, Corporate Finance in Los Angeles to join the global Corporate Finance team and be highly involved with Kobalt’s deal process. Alongside the support of a more experienced financial analyst this role will undertake the investment evaluation of all catalogue and company acquisitions as well as the signing of bands, artists and songwriters.
Working closely with our senior management team, strategy, creative and the Legal/ Business Affairs departments, the Corporate Finance team will oversee all financial aspects of deals, complete the financial modelling and assist with post-closing integration and analysis.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt has built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform can track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 640 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing!
WHAT DOES A JR. CORPORATE FINANCE ANALYST AT KOBALT DO?
- Support financial valuation and cash flow analysis
- Help building financial models to evaluate the value of assets
- Assist in monitoring deal performance and forecasting
- Assist senior team members with catalogue and company acquisitions
- Assist with financial due diligence
- Conduct industry and deal specific research
- Support the team with presentations
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or relevant field
- Previous internship experience in an investment environment; investment banking, PE or VC, consultancy, intellectual property, investment management or with a major corporation
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data providing meaningful and useful analysis for decision making purposes
- The ability to formulate opinions and discuss merits and weaknesses of potential investments is essential
- Strong communication and presentation skills, ensuring clear and accurate presentation of findings to stakeholders
- High proficiency in Excel
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple task, data inputs and stakeholders within tight deadlines
- Confident team player with strong influencing, facilitation and communication skills
- Music industry passion and understanding is a clear bonus
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.