At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Junior Buyer's main responsibilities include issuing PO’s, and following up on orders through production until final delivery. The Jr. Buyer will maintain vendor performance, and act as liaison between product development and vendors addressing inquiries and concerns.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- RFQ and follow up to both internal and external customers
- Forecasting; reviewing all inventory levels
- Raise Purchase Orders and Work Orders
- Provide vendors with current prints for all products
- Review outstanding PO’s daily and follow up with vendors to ensure timely deliveries
- Collect information of resources & machinery of all Manufacturing Vendors and maintain a supplier database
- Work with vendors to resolve non-conformances
- Assist with monthly order planning meeting; provide custom reports as required
- Assist Purchasing group in expanding the vendor base
- Adhere to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role.
- Represent the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain & Logistics; Business; Economics or a related field is required
- 1-3 years’ experience in purchasing
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel and MS Office
- Excellent communication skills; strong attention to detail
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.