Job Location: Cary, NC
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife is seeking an Architect to join its centralized Cloud and Infrastructure Architecture team focused on delivering strategic architectural solutions that enable MetLife to meet its business goals. This Architect will work closely with the AVP of Cloud and Infrastructure Architecture, and will be responsible for contributing to the delivery of global strategic cloud and infrastructure architecture projects. The architect will ensure that all architectures and new technology acquisitions are delivered through MetLife’s architectural governance review processes (GARB, ARB and TSC) and follow established enterprise reference architectures and standards. The architect will also collaborate with global IT partners in architecture and development to deliver future state architectures for the portfolios assigned.
The ideal candidate will have strong business and technology acumen in order to develop sound architecture solutions that will meet and exceed business needs. Skills in cloud and infrastructure architecture, along with the capacity to adapt to a changing technology landscape are essential. Effective communications with IT and business associates at all levels including senior management will be required. This position may require some travel depending on current assignment, as well as working with global partners in time zones outside of the U.S.
- Creation, analysis, and review of assigned cloud and infrastructure architectures
- Assists other architects to ensure the efficacy, integrity and security of assigned cloud and infrastructure architectures
- Helps in multiple complex or large-scale projects as assigned
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of related cloud and infrastructure architecture experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or engineering discipline
- Experience leading and/or working in a matrixed team
- Demonstrated inter-personal and consultative proficiency. In addition to, demonstrated oral and written communication proficiency
- Proficient at working independently with minimal supervision while consistently meeting all expectations
- Azure certification
- Experience with Docker Data Center, Kubernetes and containers
- Experience with serverless computing concepts and design
- Experience with Big Data, Machine Learning, and AI
- Experience working with customers/partners outside of the US, including Asia and Latin America
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 109503