The Arcanum Group is looking for a Junior Contract Support Specialist in support of the Veterans Administration in Glendale, CO. This position will be responsible for performing
routine contracting tasks related to acquisition planning, preparation of solicitations, proposal analysis and post-award activities for the procurement of supplies and services in support of government acquisitions within the SAO West locations..
- Perform routine contracting tasks, such as preparation of portions of contractual
documents, acquisition planning, preparing solicitations, proposal analysis and post-award activities in support of government acquisitions.
- Assist with the close out of existing contracts as needed.
- Read and interpret basic procurement regulations, policies and directives to make recommendations to the Contracting Officer.
- Analyze and evaluate certified cost and pricing data and other types of pricing information to determine price reasonableness.
- Prepare contract files and electronic documents.
- Research and interpret evolving government regulations, policies, guidance and laws for the purpose of preparing contracting recommendations for the Contracting Officer.
- Monitor contractor compliance with small business subcontracting goals.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required. Coursework must have included at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
- Two years or more of federal government contracting experience.
- Must be efficient in using all Microsoft Office applications and be experienced in using an electronic procurement contract writing system to generate solicitations, contracts and modifications.
- Must have documented experience in and working knowledge of FAR based procurements.