Intelligent Waves, a rapidly growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) Fed/DoD Contractor, has an outstanding new opportunity for a DoD focused Junior Cyber Security Analyst to support our DISA UVDS contract in Ashburn VA
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Applies expertise and work experience executing cyber security duties in support of a DoD information system and associated accreditation activities. Ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter with strong technical background and working familiarity translating, implementing, and assessing Cyber security requirements within the DoD information systems.
- Demonstrated experience with basic administration of Windows & Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating systems
languages would be a plus
- Working knowledge implementing/validating DOD security configuration requirements in accordance with the DISA STIG/SRGs
- Working knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods for identifying security vulnerabilities within
- Demonstrated knowledge of NIST Risk Management Framework and Department of Defense Cyber policies, instructions,
directives, and technical guidance
- Experience planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures
- Provide full A&A support and technical security guidance in all phases of the system accreditation process and/or Risk Management
- Perform Information Assurance testing by conducting monthly/quarterly/annual reviews.
- Research and identify security vulnerabilities and provide guidance to mitigate risks to information systems undergoing the A&A
- Ability to communicate & document cyber security issues & mitigations to peers and management
- Capable of writing, updating, and maintaining technical documentations that relate to an information system in the DoD environment
- Experience with eMASS, ACAS & SCC would be a plus
- 3+ years relevant work experience
- Minimum DOD SECRET clearance with ability to obtain TS
- Security+ certification
- Linux+ certification
- Must have strong communication and planning skills, be a team player and self-starter.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
Since 2006, Intelligent Waves has remained committed to providing quality engineering, operations, and intelligence solutions to our clients and it all starts with YOU. Intelligent Waves provides a great and generous benefits package to include medical, dental and vision, a company matching (up to $1,000) Health Savings Account (HSA) to cover healthcare deductibles, paid sick & vacation leave and, life & disability packages. We also invest in our employees' futures by providing a contribution with vesting starting from DAY 1, technical training, tuition bonuses, and much, much more.
Intelligent Waves LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity protected veteran status and individuals with disabilities, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.
A Veteran Friendly Organization.