Do you enjoy working with a top-notch team and being part of a growing, passionate, and forward-thinking company? Athena is on its way to becoming the best and most intensive high-touch consulting group in the country. Our exceptionally high standards and whole-brain, full spectrum approach has earned us an enviable reputation across multiple industries and fueled our impressive growth. Athena brings an artful mix of creativity and facts-based insight to make even complex matters engaging, memorable, and impactful.
Athena is looking for a Junior Designer to join our in-house Creative Agency. We are looking for someone who can work on multiple creative projects simultaneously, and who is proficient in all major design and presentation platforms. We are looking for someone who is hungry to show off their design and branding talents, who is not afraid of hard work, who is eager to learn and grow and be a part of a high-performance team, who is professional in demeanor and who desires to be client-facing. We work in a spirited, fast-paced, and ever-changing environment and we’re looking for someone who can hit the ground running and thrive in this setting.
Our ideal candidate will be expected to:
- Conceive and execute design concepts by studying relevant materials
- Process complicated design challenges quickly and efficiently
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Create wide range of graphics and layouts for presentations, proposals, product illustrations, branding campaigns, advertisements, and other client deliverables
- Proficiency in software programs such as such as PowerPoint, InDesign, and Photoshop, Illustrator
- Deliver quality work on time and under firm deadlines
- Prepare finished art by operating necessary equipment and software
- Communicate with colleagues about design challenges and solutions
- Coordinate with outside agencies, web designers, marketing teams, printers, and
other vendors as necessary
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing assigned tasks
- Communicate with clients and colleagues about layout and design
- Take direction on design work and suggest improvements when situation demands
- Conceive and execute social media campaigns in tandem with strategic objectives
And should have the following experience and skills:
- Working proficiency with business tools, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience as a graphic designer or in related field
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Excellent project-management and time-management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- A strong eye for visual composition
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism on work
- Understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, product packaging, advertisements, and multimedia design
- Strong communicator with the ability to prioritize many different simultaneous tasks
- Self-starter with implement projects with little to no supervision
- Ability to work well with internal and external stakeholders
It’s a plus if you have:
- Experience using time-tracking and expense-management software
- Proficient knowledge of Airtable
- Medical/Dental benefits including of 1K Health Reimbursement Account
- Matching 401K
Curious about your career path at Athena? This role is at the Analyst level within Athena’s career-path structure for the Creative Agency team. This team has the following levels of progression for growth and development.
Analyst --> Sr. Analyst --> Manager --> Sr. Manager --> Director --> Sr. Director --> Executive Director
Oh, and our application process is open, easy, as transparent as we can make it, and painless. We need team members like you to join us! Let’s get started.
Athena is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at 866.299.6040.