The CAD Drafter will evaluate installed systems, subsystems, projects, activities, and develop recommendations to reduce Total Ownership Costs (TOC). CAD Drafter will perform risk identification/analysis/mitigation, and perform traceability and have capability to suggest changes in an integration solution. Typical associated tasks include computer-aided drawings, drawing studies and analysis, high-level detailed specification preparation, configuration management, document control, engineering change requests and industry best practices.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Two (2) years experience OR equivalent AutoCAD training certification.
- Ability to create and update Installation Design Plans (IDPs) as required.
- Ability to implement redlines into Installation Design Plans from Engineering review changes.
- Ability to create, update, redline and/or modify 35%, 70%, and 100% As-Built diagrams in accordance with the SPAWAR Shore Installation Process Handbook (SIPH).
- Ability to create building plans, floor plans, elevations, vicinity maps, site maps and cable block diagrams in accordance with the SPAWAR Shore Installation Process Handbook (SIPH).
- Ability to develop, implement and support AutoCAD software packages using the latest version.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to create, review, and verify functional interface diagrams.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of judgement and discretion.
- Ability to obtain/maintain a Security Clearance: Secret